Microsoft, Lloyds of London, Nationwide Building Society and Rio Tinto are among many number of organizations who have all agreed to take part in Workplace Week (November 1-5, 2010), to raise money for Children in Need and mark innovation in workplace design, technology, and practices.
Workplace Week is run by leading workplace consultants Advanced Workplace Associates (AWA). During the week, companies will open their doors and host visits to their offices during working hours.
To attend a 90-minute presentation and visit, led by senior leaders and experts from the host company, delegates book a place at AWA’s website, and make a minimum donation of £25 to Children in Need.
Supporting Workplace Week are: The British Council for Offices, The British Institute of Facilities Management, FM World, Premises and Facilities Management, i-FM, BCS, Workplace TV, and facilities magazine, FMX.
“Whenever I see Children in Need on TV, I think we could do something to contribute,” says Andrew Mawson, AWA’s managing director. “This year, we’ve got together with our team, friends, and supporters to create what we hope will be a valuable and enjoyable week of workplace visits, to showcase the best in workplace design, technology, and innovative practices.”
Richard Kauntze CEO of the British Council Offices says: “We are delighted to support Workplace Week which sets a benchmark on what organizations should be seeking to achieve from their workplaces.”
Ian Fielder, CEO of the British Institute of Facilities Management adds: “Here in the UK, we have some of the world’s leaders in workplace innovation, and it’s great to see Workplace Week’s mission to share the best of the best and make some money for a great cause.”
All participants are giving their time for free and AWA hopes to raise more than £10,000 for the Children in Need charity.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- York Chiller Mobile App
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month