A practical guide designed to expand water conservation efforts inside and outside of today’s facilities was released. The IFMA Foundation and the Alliance for Sustainable Built Environments (ASBE) produced the white paper titled A Comprehensive Guide to Water Conservation: The Bottom Line Impacts, Challenges and Rewards.
The guide is available free of charge and provides an overview of key areas in water conservation, covering: domestic water use including restrooms, hot water consumption and water reclamation; process water use including cooling towers and laundry facilities; rainwater harvesting with a description of harvesting techniques and applications for water reuse; green roofs with a description of types and various benefits of green roofs; and case studies that offer real-world insight into effective approaches.
Relying on their knowledge, authors of the guide provided an array of information pertinent to water-related issues. The authors include: Rob Zimmerman, Manager – Engineering, Water Conservation and Sustainability at Kohler Co.; Mike Warren, Senior Design Engineer at Watertronics; Patrick Okamura, Facility Manager at General Dynamics; Gary Klein Managing Partner of Affiliated International Management, LLC; Ed Jarger, General Sales and Marketing Manager at American Hydrotech; and David Cosaboon, Staff Engineer at Facility Engineering Associates.
The white paper is the latest in the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series produced by the IFMA Foundation. To download a free copy of A Comprehensive Guide to Water Conservation: The Bottom Line Impacts, Challenges and Rewards, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Water Guide” in the subject line of your e-mail.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention