A practical guide designed to expand water conservation efforts inside and outside of today’s facilities was released. The IFMA Foundation and the Alliance for Sustainable Built Environments (ASBE) produced the white paper titled A Comprehensive Guide to Water Conservation: The Bottom Line Impacts, Challenges and Rewards.
The guide is available free of charge and provides an overview of key areas in water conservation, covering: domestic water use including restrooms, hot water consumption and water reclamation; process water use including cooling towers and laundry facilities; rainwater harvesting with a description of harvesting techniques and applications for water reuse; green roofs with a description of types and various benefits of green roofs; and case studies that offer real-world insight into effective approaches.
Relying on their knowledge, authors of the guide provided an array of information pertinent to water-related issues. The authors include: Rob Zimmerman, Manager – Engineering, Water Conservation and Sustainability at Kohler Co.; Mike Warren, Senior Design Engineer at Watertronics; Patrick Okamura, Facility Manager at General Dynamics; Gary Klein Managing Partner of Affiliated International Management, LLC; Ed Jarger, General Sales and Marketing Manager at American Hydrotech; and David Cosaboon, Staff Engineer at Facility Engineering Associates.
The white paper is the latest in the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series produced by the IFMA Foundation. To download a free copy of A Comprehensive Guide to Water Conservation: The Bottom Line Impacts, Challenges and Rewards, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the words “Water Guide” in the subject line of your e-mail.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation