A practical guide designed to expand water conservation efforts inside and outside of today’s facilities was released. The IFMA Foundation and the Alliance for Sustainable Built Environments (ASBE) produced the white paper titled A Comprehensive Guide to Water Conservation: The Bottom Line Impacts, Challenges and Rewards.
The guide is available free of charge and provides an overview of key areas in water conservation, covering: domestic water use including restrooms, hot water consumption and water reclamation; process water use including cooling towers and laundry facilities; rainwater harvesting with a description of harvesting techniques and applications for water reuse; green roofs with a description of types and various benefits of green roofs; and case studies that offer real-world insight into effective approaches.
Relying on their knowledge, authors of the guide provided an array of information pertinent to water-related issues. The authors include: Rob Zimmerman, Manager – Engineering, Water Conservation and Sustainability at Kohler Co.; Mike Warren, Senior Design Engineer at Watertronics; Patrick Okamura, Facility Manager at General Dynamics; Gary Klein Managing Partner of Affiliated International Management, LLC; Ed Jarger, General Sales and Marketing Manager at American Hydrotech; and David Cosaboon, Staff Engineer at Facility Engineering Associates.
The white paper is the latest in the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series produced by the IFMA Foundation. To download a free copy of A Comprehensive Guide to Water Conservation: The Bottom Line Impacts, Challenges and Rewards, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the words “Water Guide” in the subject line of your e-mail.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades