A practical guide designed to expand water conservation efforts inside and outside of today’s facilities was released. The IFMA Foundation and the Alliance for Sustainable Built Environments (ASBE) produced the white paper titled A Comprehensive Guide to Water Conservation: The Bottom Line Impacts, Challenges and Rewards.
The guide is available free of charge and provides an overview of key areas in water conservation, covering: domestic water use including restrooms, hot water consumption and water reclamation; process water use including cooling towers and laundry facilities; rainwater harvesting with a description of harvesting techniques and applications for water reuse; green roofs with a description of types and various benefits of green roofs; and case studies that offer real-world insight into effective approaches.
Relying on their knowledge, authors of the guide provided an array of information pertinent to water-related issues. The authors include: Rob Zimmerman, Manager – Engineering, Water Conservation and Sustainability at Kohler Co.; Mike Warren, Senior Design Engineer at Watertronics; Patrick Okamura, Facility Manager at General Dynamics; Gary Klein Managing Partner of Affiliated International Management, LLC; Ed Jarger, General Sales and Marketing Manager at American Hydrotech; and David Cosaboon, Staff Engineer at Facility Engineering Associates.
The white paper is the latest in the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series produced by the IFMA Foundation. To download a free copy of A Comprehensive Guide to Water Conservation: The Bottom Line Impacts, Challenges and Rewards, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the words “Water Guide” in the subject line of your e-mail.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs