NEW PRODUCT FLASH: DEFINITY PAR38 By Lighting Science Group
The DEFINITY PAR38 LED lightbulb from Lighting Science Group is the industry’s first LED bulb to receive the ENERGY STAR label. The bulb is 80% more efficient than the 75 watt incandescent halogen bulb it replaces, has approximately 50% more lumens (light output) than competing products, and is fully dimmable. The DEFINITY PAR38 bulb is the first in a line of Lighting Science Group products going through the ENERGY STAR approval process; the line includes A19, PAR30, PAR20, MR16, and G25 bulb types.
To ensure both performance and reliability, the cULus-listed DEFINITY LED line was tested under the ENERGY STAR Eligibility Criteria, Version 1.1 process by an independent laboratory approved by the U.S. Department of Energy’s CALiPER program. To receive the ENERGY STAR label for an integral LED lamp, the DEFINITY PAR38 bulb was tested at a third party laboratory under the LM79 standard for overall efficiency, color temperature, color rendering, color spatial uniformity, and light emission pattern. Additional testing required for ENERGY STAR approval included: rapid cycle thermal stress testing, in-situ temperature testing, both lumen maintenance and color maintenance testing, and an operational test for 3,000 hours at elevated ambient temperature. It comes with a five-year limited warranty.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices