The DEFINITY PAR38 LED lightbulb from Lighting Science Group is the industry’s first LED bulb to receive the ENERGY STAR label. The bulb is 80% more efficient than the 75 watt incandescent halogen bulb it replaces, has approximately 50% more lumens (light output) than competing products, and is fully dimmable. The DEFINITY PAR38 bulb is the first in a line of Lighting Science Group products going through the ENERGY STAR approval process; the line includes A19, PAR30, PAR20, MR16, and G25 bulb types.
To ensure both performance and reliability, the cULus-listed DEFINITY LED line was tested under the ENERGY STAR Eligibility Criteria, Version 1.1 process by an independent laboratory approved by the U.S. Department of Energy’s CALiPER program. To receive the ENERGY STAR label for an integral LED lamp, the DEFINITY PAR38 bulb was tested at a third party laboratory under the LM79 standard for overall efficiency, color temperature, color rendering, color spatial uniformity, and light emission pattern. Additional testing required for ENERGY STAR approval included: rapid cycle thermal stress testing, in-situ temperature testing, both lumen maintenance and color maintenance testing, and an operational test for 3,000 hours at elevated ambient temperature. It comes with a five-year limited warranty.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management