Launched in 2009, the program also works with financial institutions and lenders in these efforts. The Providence Group recently completed an engagement with Premier Equity Fund of West Islip, NY to review and analyze distressed hotel opportunities and formulate a strategic plan moving forward.
The Distressed Hotel Management Program involves The Providence Group examining the property’s physical plant, operations, and marketing; creating an operating budget and formulating a tactical plan; engaging a general manager, if appropriate; maintaining accountability to implement the necessary action steps; and communicating progress with the financial institution and/or owner on an ongoing basis. The company implements disciplined cost controls with the goal of ramping up revenues quickly and cost-effectively.
Said Jed C. Heller, the company’s founder and president, “Everyone in the hospitality industry had hoped that the economy would have turned around by now, but it’s clear that a significant rebound is a long way off. It’s more important than ever to understand the value of the asset and take steps to minimize any financial drain on the investors and owners.”
Since focusing its management and consulting services on distressed hotels, The Providence Group has worked on a number of properties, including the Emerson Inn by the Sea (Rockport, MA), Regency Lodge (Omaha, NE), The Inn at the Blue (Marian, NY), The Wyndham Drake Hotel (Oak Brook, IL), The Royal Inn Hotel (Fort Pierce Beach Hutchinson Island, FL), and the Balsams Grand Resort Hotel (Dixville Notch, NH).
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?