NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Distressed Hotel Management Program
Launched in 2009, the program also works with financial institutions and lenders in these efforts. The Providence Group recently completed an engagement with Premier Equity Fund of West Islip, NY to review and analyze distressed hotel opportunities and formulate a strategic plan moving forward.
The Distressed Hotel Management Program involves The Providence Group examining the property’s physical plant, operations, and marketing; creating an operating budget and formulating a tactical plan; engaging a general manager, if appropriate; maintaining accountability to implement the necessary action steps; and communicating progress with the financial institution and/or owner on an ongoing basis. The company implements disciplined cost controls with the goal of ramping up revenues quickly and cost-effectively.
Said Jed C. Heller, the company’s founder and president, “Everyone in the hospitality industry had hoped that the economy would have turned around by now, but it’s clear that a significant rebound is a long way off. It’s more important than ever to understand the value of the asset and take steps to minimize any financial drain on the investors and owners.”
Since focusing its management and consulting services on distressed hotels, The Providence Group has worked on a number of properties, including the Emerson Inn by the Sea (Rockport, MA), Regency Lodge (Omaha, NE), The Inn at the Blue (Marian, NY), The Wyndham Drake Hotel (Oak Brook, IL), The Royal Inn Hotel (Fort Pierce Beach Hutchinson Island, FL), and the Balsams Grand Resort Hotel (Dixville Notch, NH).
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ