Staco Energy Products Company, based in Dayton, OH, has created a section on its website to helps facility professionals understand their energy usage and thus the potential for energy savings. The “Financial Power Diet” discusses power factor and how its correction can help to lower utility bills.
A chart which shows a hypothetical energy usage scenario can be adapted to the user’s own situation. This web utility can be found on Staco’s website.
“Utilities across the country are adjusting their rates and applying power factor surcharges to companies who use power inefficiently” said Staco Power Factor program manager Rich Zuccaro. “These web site enhancements are an easy-to-understand explanation of what power factor is and how companies can benefit by correcting it. The scenarios shown are representative of situations we’ve seen, and can easily be adjusted to incorporate the customer’s actual data.”
In addition to discussions on power factor and its correction, this section also includes links to regional energy solution provider partners, along with links to Staco solutions for varied power factor problems.
Staco Energy Products Company manufactures voltage control, VAR compensation, uninterruptible power supplies, and engineered power quality solutions.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects