Online Office Measurement Standard Training In The Works
Gemini Performance Solutions Inc. (Gemini), the Building Owners and Managers Association of Greater Calgary Region (BOMA Calgary), and the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA International) have entered into an agreement to develop and market an online training program for BOMA International’s 2010 Office Floor Measurement Standard, Office Buildings: Standards Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z65.1 – 2010).
As part of the agreement, Gemini is providing eLearning technology, content development, ASP hosting, and support; BOMA International is providing instructor-led training materials and subject matter expertise; and BOMA Calgary is providing project management and subject matter support. All parties will be involved in marketing the end product throughout North America, which will be available through BOMA International’s online Knowledge Portal.
“BOMA International developed the first office floor measurement standard in 1915 and has updated the standard over the years to reflect the changing needs of the real estate market and the evolution of office building design,” stated BOMA International Senior Vice President Patricia M. Areno, CAE. “We look forward to working with Gemini and BOMA Calgary as we take the next step in expanding the use of the standard by offering high quality, online training to commercial real estate professionals throughout North America.”
BOMA Calgary’s Executive Vice President Bill Partridge added, “We view this project as an opportunity to develop a mutually successful long-term training relationship with BOMA International and Gemini. The success of this project will be the beginning of a full suite offering of affordable and easily accessible online training programs.”
“We are delighted to enter into this partnership with BOMA Calgary and BOMA International to promote the use of the BOMA Office Measurement Standard by capitalizing on our proven eLearning technology and services to deliver an affordable, effective training solution,” commented Kim Adolphe, Gemini President and CEO.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices