RCP is the first commercial-sector sponsor for RONA, and it is anticipated that it will be the first of many industry and organizational partners. John Frederick, Founding Board member of RONA, commented on the prospects for additional sponsors: “As part of RONA’s philosophical approach to be as inclusive as possible, our leadership hopes to engage as many sponsors and partners as possible. We believe that such partnerships will be wins for RONA, for RONA’s organizational members and the sponsors for which business will be generated.
Recycling containers and other types of collection equipment rate as a top priority for program managers seeking to improve their local government and institutional recycling programs. In addition, recycling rates continue to increase. According to the EPA, the recycling rate is currently at 33.2% based on 2008 figures so the need for improved collection containers and strategies will continue to increase diversion rates.
“Rubbermaid commercial products can assist RONA members and their affiliates with their goals of sustaining and enhancing recycling and waste across North America,” said Corey Rodriguez, national segment manager, Property Management & Institutional for Rubbermaid Commercial Products. “We are proud to be the first commercial-sector sponsor with RONA and share their common goal of recycling and waste reduction in North America.”
In addition to the discount program, Rubbermaid has begun working through RONA’s university group to pilot several new programs at colleges and other institutional groups. RONA and Rubbermaid are working together on take-back programs for spent containers, better container design and production, and best management practices to share. A survey is underway to advance these projects regionally and across institutional types.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management