RCP is the first commercial-sector sponsor for RONA, and it is anticipated that it will be the first of many industry and organizational partners. John Frederick, Founding Board member of RONA, commented on the prospects for additional sponsors: “As part of RONA’s philosophical approach to be as inclusive as possible, our leadership hopes to engage as many sponsors and partners as possible. We believe that such partnerships will be wins for RONA, for RONA’s organizational members and the sponsors for which business will be generated.
Recycling containers and other types of collection equipment rate as a top priority for program managers seeking to improve their local government and institutional recycling programs. In addition, recycling rates continue to increase. According to the EPA, the recycling rate is currently at 33.2% based on 2008 figures so the need for improved collection containers and strategies will continue to increase diversion rates.
“Rubbermaid commercial products can assist RONA members and their affiliates with their goals of sustaining and enhancing recycling and waste across North America,” said Corey Rodriguez, national segment manager, Property Management & Institutional for Rubbermaid Commercial Products. “We are proud to be the first commercial-sector sponsor with RONA and share their common goal of recycling and waste reduction in North America.”
In addition to the discount program, Rubbermaid has begun working through RONA’s university group to pilot several new programs at colleges and other institutional groups. RONA and Rubbermaid are working together on take-back programs for spent containers, better container design and production, and best management practices to share. A survey is underway to advance these projects regionally and across institutional types.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation