Rubbermaid Partners With Recycling Group
RCP is the first commercial-sector sponsor for RONA, and it is anticipated that it will be the first of many industry and organizational partners. John Frederick, Founding Board member of RONA, commented on the prospects for additional sponsors: “As part of RONA’s philosophical approach to be as inclusive as possible, our leadership hopes to engage as many sponsors and partners as possible. We believe that such partnerships will be wins for RONA, for RONA’s organizational members and the sponsors for which business will be generated.
Recycling containers and other types of collection equipment rate as a top priority for program managers seeking to improve their local government and institutional recycling programs. In addition, recycling rates continue to increase. According to the EPA, the recycling rate is currently at 33.2% based on 2008 figures so the need for improved collection containers and strategies will continue to increase diversion rates.
“Rubbermaid commercial products can assist RONA members and their affiliates with their goals of sustaining and enhancing recycling and waste across North America,” said Corey Rodriguez, national segment manager, Property Management & Institutional for Rubbermaid Commercial Products. “We are proud to be the first commercial-sector sponsor with RONA and share their common goal of recycling and waste reduction in North America.”
In addition to the discount program, Rubbermaid has begun working through RONA’s university group to pilot several new programs at colleges and other institutional groups. RONA and Rubbermaid are working together on take-back programs for spent containers, better container design and production, and best management practices to share. A survey is underway to advance these projects regionally and across institutional types.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ