Brady Makes Donation To Local University
The Ingersoll Rand Foundation, through the Trane Climate Solutions Group, provided the gift. Presenting the check on behalf of Trane were Jim Brady, district manager, and Donny Simmons, territory vice president.
The check presentation was held November 3 in the lobby of McNair Hall on North Carolina A&T’s campus. Those accepting the donation were:
- Chancellor Harold L. Martin, Sr., Ph.D., North Carolina A&T State University
- Winser Alexander, Ph.D., interim dean, College of Engineering
- Leotis Parrish, assistant dean, College of Engineering
- Dianna Vass, Ph.D., development officer, College of Engineering
- Sameer Hamoush, Ph.D., chair, Civil, Architectural, Environmental and Geomatics Engineering Department
- Gerry Dozier, Ph.D., chair, College of Engineering Computer Science Department
Don Brady, founder of Brady Inc., has been a longtime supporter of North Carolina A&T including mentoring several College of Engineering students during the past 50 years. The donation request came as a result of conversations between Don Brady and Interim Dean Alexander.
“When Winser informed me that the College of Engineering lacked the support necessary to fully fund several vital programs, I felt is was imperative that I get involved,” said Don Brady. “A&T students have interned at Brady Inc. and graduates are employed at Trane.”
Working together, Brady and Alexander drafted a partnership proposal. It contains a request for financial support of critical student needs that include scholarships, internships and design projects. It also contains funding for faculty development. Beyond a request for money, Brady and Alexander proposed expanding internships at Trane and Brady Inc. Following the check presentation, the group convened at a working lunch to plan internship and recruitment programs.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ