The Ingersoll Rand Foundation, through the Trane Climate Solutions Group, provided the gift. Presenting the check on behalf of Trane were Jim Brady, district manager, and Donny Simmons, territory vice president.
The check presentation was held November 3 in the lobby of McNair Hall on North Carolina A&T’s campus. Those accepting the donation were:
- Chancellor Harold L. Martin, Sr., Ph.D., North Carolina A&T State University
- Winser Alexander, Ph.D., interim dean, College of Engineering
- Leotis Parrish, assistant dean, College of Engineering
- Dianna Vass, Ph.D., development officer, College of Engineering
- Sameer Hamoush, Ph.D., chair, Civil, Architectural, Environmental and Geomatics Engineering Department
- Gerry Dozier, Ph.D., chair, College of Engineering Computer Science Department
Don Brady, founder of Brady Inc., has been a longtime supporter of North Carolina A&T including mentoring several College of Engineering students during the past 50 years. The donation request came as a result of conversations between Don Brady and Interim Dean Alexander.
“When Winser informed me that the College of Engineering lacked the support necessary to fully fund several vital programs, I felt is was imperative that I get involved,” said Don Brady. “A&T students have interned at Brady Inc. and graduates are employed at Trane.”
Working together, Brady and Alexander drafted a partnership proposal. It contains a request for financial support of critical student needs that include scholarships, internships and design projects. It also contains funding for faculty development. Beyond a request for money, Brady and Alexander proposed expanding internships at Trane and Brady Inc. Following the check presentation, the group convened at a working lunch to plan internship and recruitment programs.
You might like:
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?