The Ingersoll Rand Foundation, through the Trane Climate Solutions Group, provided the gift. Presenting the check on behalf of Trane were Jim Brady, district manager, and Donny Simmons, territory vice president.
The check presentation was held November 3 in the lobby of McNair Hall on North Carolina A&T’s campus. Those accepting the donation were:
- Chancellor Harold L. Martin, Sr., Ph.D., North Carolina A&T State University
- Winser Alexander, Ph.D., interim dean, College of Engineering
- Leotis Parrish, assistant dean, College of Engineering
- Dianna Vass, Ph.D., development officer, College of Engineering
- Sameer Hamoush, Ph.D., chair, Civil, Architectural, Environmental and Geomatics Engineering Department
- Gerry Dozier, Ph.D., chair, College of Engineering Computer Science Department
Don Brady, founder of Brady Inc., has been a longtime supporter of North Carolina A&T including mentoring several College of Engineering students during the past 50 years. The donation request came as a result of conversations between Don Brady and Interim Dean Alexander.
“When Winser informed me that the College of Engineering lacked the support necessary to fully fund several vital programs, I felt is was imperative that I get involved,” said Don Brady. “A&T students have interned at Brady Inc. and graduates are employed at Trane.”
Working together, Brady and Alexander drafted a partnership proposal. It contains a request for financial support of critical student needs that include scholarships, internships and design projects. It also contains funding for faculty development. Beyond a request for money, Brady and Alexander proposed expanding internships at Trane and Brady Inc. Following the check presentation, the group convened at a working lunch to plan internship and recruitment programs.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power