Frequently, restroom signage simply does what it must: direct users to the proper place. And there are several rules and regulations, which are mostly just a matter of common sense, which should be addressed. (For a helpful FAQ on restroom signage, check this link.)
For facility professionals, restroom signs are pretty standard and straightforward. Or ARE they? In the United States, the universal restroom signs have become relatively commonplace, but around the world, the universal language of biological necessity has a much more creative flair.
While this can cause a bit of confusion for anyone who is desperate need of the facilities, it certainly is the source of discussion and some great photo opportunities.
From the U.S.
Finally, here’s a brief video that captures additional highlights of signage from around the world.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention