Frequently, restroom signage simply does what it must: direct users to the proper place. And there are several rules and regulations, which are mostly just a matter of common sense, which should be addressed. (For a helpful FAQ on restroom signage, check this link.)
For facility professionals, restroom signs are pretty standard and straightforward. Or ARE they? In the United States, the universal restroom signs have become relatively commonplace, but around the world, the universal language of biological necessity has a much more creative flair.
While this can cause a bit of confusion for anyone who is desperate need of the facilities, it certainly is the source of discussion and some great photo opportunities.
From the U.S.
Finally, here’s a brief video that captures additional highlights of signage from around the world.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security