As a country with a strong foundation of freedom of speech, an open media, and the free-flow of information, the lack of information sharing prior to 9/11 surprised and shocked many Americans. As the events of that day unfolded, and the subsequent investigations into the whys and hows revealed weaknesses, the nation quickly learned that information sharing systems were not where they needed to be.
“In response to our ever growing need to share information quickly and securely, industry has responded by advancing the technologies that allow our nation’s intelligence agencies and law enforcement officers to share the critical information needed to prevent and respond to our next catastrophe,” said Marc Pearl, council president & CEO. “The November monograph examines our evolution and advancement in information sharing and how we have arrived at a point where foreign countries have the mechanisms necessary to share terrorist threats with us to thwart attacks on cargo flights.”
On the 10th of each month through September 2011, the Council will release a monograph that will provide a brief history of security efforts on a specific topic as well as an assessment of the future of that topic. Each piece will include a running interactive timeline illustrating the events, incidents, and critical government responses pertinent to that month’s topic.
The Homeland Security & Defense Business Council is a not-for-profit, non-partisan organization of the leading companies that bring homeland security solutions to the marketplace. The Council works to ensure that the perspective, innovation, expertise and capabilities of the private sector are recognized, respected and integrated with the public sector.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs