Getting The Right Information To The Right People
As a country with a strong foundation of freedom of speech, an open media, and the free-flow of information, the lack of information sharing prior to 9/11 surprised and shocked many Americans. As the events of that day unfolded, and the subsequent investigations into the whys and hows revealed weaknesses, the nation quickly learned that information sharing systems were not where they needed to be.
“In response to our ever growing need to share information quickly and securely, industry has responded by advancing the technologies that allow our nation’s intelligence agencies and law enforcement officers to share the critical information needed to prevent and respond to our next catastrophe,” said Marc Pearl, council president & CEO. “The November monograph examines our evolution and advancement in information sharing and how we have arrived at a point where foreign countries have the mechanisms necessary to share terrorist threats with us to thwart attacks on cargo flights.”
On the 10th of each month through September 2011, the Council will release a monograph that will provide a brief history of security efforts on a specific topic as well as an assessment of the future of that topic. Each piece will include a running interactive timeline illustrating the events, incidents, and critical government responses pertinent to that month’s topic.
The Homeland Security & Defense Business Council is a not-for-profit, non-partisan organization of the leading companies that bring homeland security solutions to the marketplace. The Council works to ensure that the perspective, innovation, expertise and capabilities of the private sector are recognized, respected and integrated with the public sector.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices