As a country with a strong foundation of freedom of speech, an open media, and the free-flow of information, the lack of information sharing prior to 9/11 surprised and shocked many Americans. As the events of that day unfolded, and the subsequent investigations into the whys and hows revealed weaknesses, the nation quickly learned that information sharing systems were not where they needed to be.
“In response to our ever growing need to share information quickly and securely, industry has responded by advancing the technologies that allow our nation’s intelligence agencies and law enforcement officers to share the critical information needed to prevent and respond to our next catastrophe,” said Marc Pearl, council president & CEO. “The November monograph examines our evolution and advancement in information sharing and how we have arrived at a point where foreign countries have the mechanisms necessary to share terrorist threats with us to thwart attacks on cargo flights.”
On the 10th of each month through September 2011, the Council will release a monograph that will provide a brief history of security efforts on a specific topic as well as an assessment of the future of that topic. Each piece will include a running interactive timeline illustrating the events, incidents, and critical government responses pertinent to that month’s topic.
The Homeland Security & Defense Business Council is a not-for-profit, non-partisan organization of the leading companies that bring homeland security solutions to the marketplace. The Council works to ensure that the perspective, innovation, expertise and capabilities of the private sector are recognized, respected and integrated with the public sector.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention