The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce the appointment of Christeen Seymour as the association’s director of finance and administration. She assumed her duties on October 4, 2010.
In her new role, Seymour’s primary responsibility will be to provide strategic and tactical leadership and oversight of IFMA’s financial management and reporting. In addition to overseeing accounting functions, she will also be responsible for the development and direction of the association’s information technology department.
Seymour has 20 years of combined corporate and nonprofit experience. She has served as an accountant and assistant controller at Orlando, FL-based USA Today and director of finance and chief financial officer at Writers in the Schools, a Houston, TX-based nonprofit that engages children in reading and writing. Seymour has a bachelor’s degree in business administration and human resource management from Florida Southern College, and is a member of the Texas Society of CPAs.
“I’m honored to be selected as IFMA’s new director of finance and administration and excited about the future direction of the association and my immediate responsibility of bringing the core accounting functions back in-house,” said Seymour. “I look forward to working with a dynamic team to provide strong leadership, continued growth and operational excellence.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management