ASHRAE Applauds Federal Training Law Signing
On Tuesday, December 14, President Obama signed the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act. The Act was introduced in April by Reps. Russ Carnahan (D-MO) and Judy Biggert (R-IL) and Sen. Tom Carper (D-DE) and Susan Collins (R-ME). It was supported by more than 33 leading organizations involved in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of buildings, including ASHRAE.
The legislation will help provide federal workers with the necessary training to construct and maintain environmentally sound buildings. Federal workers will be able to be trained in a series of core competencies relating to building operations, maintenance, energy management, and safety and future performance. Workers can take courses and be able to obtain licenses and certification for their efforts.
“This law is a significant advancement for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of our nation’s federal buildings,” Lynn G. Bellenger, ASHRAE president, said. “ASHRAE applauds the federal government for demonstrating what can be accomplished in building and maintaining energy efficient buildings with excellent indoor environmental quality.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ