So often, the mall food court offers up a less than inspirational experience for patrons, employees, and people just passing through. But on November 13, 2010, unsuspecting shoppers got a big surprise while enjoying their lunch. Over 100 participants in this Christmas Flash Mob.
This flash mob was organized by Alphabet Photography to kick off a festive holiday season. The organizers also wish to thank Robert Cooper and Chorus Niagara, The Welland Seaway Mall (located in Welland, Ontario), and Fagan Media Group.
Fortunately, the performance was well received, and the facility crew did not have to clean up food thrown in protest or disapproval.
As an aside, a similar Random Act of Culture took place at the end of October, at the Macy’s store in Philadelphia. Here is a bit of background on that event:
On Saturday, October 30, 2010, the Opera Company of Philadelphia brought together over 650 choristers from 28 participating organizations to perform one of the Knight Foundation’s “Random Acts of Culture” at Macy’s in Center City Philadelphia. Accompanied by the Wanamaker Organ – the world’s largest pipe organ – the OCP Chorus and throngs of singers from the community infiltrated the store as shoppers, and burst into a pop-up rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel’s “Messiah” at 12 noon, to the delight of surprised shoppers.
This event is one of 1,000 “Random Acts of Culture” to be funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation over the next three years. The initiative transports the classical arts out of the concert halls and opera houses and into our communities to enrich our everyday lives.
So be on the lookout for a Random Act of Culture, coming to a facility near you?!
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Friday Funny: Eight Linemen, One Elevator
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets