This is the furniture company’s second $25,000 Gift of Inspiration for Healthcare Environments, and the gift can be used to support the needs of healthcare environments in areas such as technology, the patient experience, staff morale, training and enrichment programs, or facility enhancements.
Healthcare organizations can enter now through February 28, 2011 by registering at www.NationalOfficeFurniture.com/Healthcare. The form there asks for information about the organization, including what the entrant would plan to do with the funds if they win. No purchase is necessary.
Past Recipients, In Healthcare and Education
This marks National’s fourth Gift of Inspiration with total program donations of $60,000 to Healthcare and Education organizations in the last 18 months.
Earlier this year, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics received National’s $25,000 Gift of Inspiration for Healthcare Environments with plans to use the donation to develop outdoor healing initiatives including a healing garden and walking paths.
In October 2010, National presented Hill College in Hillsboro, TX (photo seen here), with a $25,000 Gift of Inspiration for Education, and the college used the gift to launch a “Building Pathways to Success” program which provides scholarships to first generation college students. The students are identified as those not having any immediate family members that attended or graduated from a two or four year college.
In 2009, Southwest Middle School in Savannah, GA, was awarded a $10,000 Gift of Inspiration, which it used to start a “Second Chance” mentoring and after school program for at-risk students.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management