Update On Cash Grants For PV Systems In 2011
Commercial businesses can still apply for the 30% cash grant next year for renewable energy. The Recovery Act allows taxpayers to receive cash assistance from the Treasury Department in lieu of tax credits.
According to the guidance from the Treasury department, commercial businesses can still apply for the 30% cash grant next year if they incur 5% of the cost of a renewable energy (solar) plant in 2010. This means if a purchase order is signed and a deposit paid by the end of this year, a solar PV system is eligible for the 30% cash grant.
What can be done to reduce the short and long term costs of commercial energy? Until the end of 2010, qualified businesses can participate in the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) which provides a cash rebate of 30% of the cost of a solar-produced (renewable) energy system. The rebate generally comes within 60 days following completion of the system installation.
Benefits of solar produced energy include:
- Significantly reducing overall energy cost;
- Converting power costs from variable to fixed;
- Creating a highly reliable and low maintenance power system; and
- Becoming a truly green and sustainable business.
A PV solar energy system can take advantage of the ARRA Program before it expires on December 31, 2010.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.