Many of you may have already heard about this story; some of you may have even seen the video as well. But as Lisa Mason, Yahoo! Contributor Network reports, Cathy Cruz Marrero had an embarrassing mishap while “walking and texting in the mall where she works in Reading, PA. Mall security caught the whole thing on tape and apparently decided to release the video on YouTube without Marrero’s consent.”
She has a point there. Here’s the offending video, if you haven’t seen it:
Members of the facility management profession may see mishaps like this on a regular basis. But the fact that the security team posted the video on YouTube, where it went viral (more than 2.5 million views between YouTube and Facebook) in a matter of hours, has added insult to injury. Consequently, Marreno is preparing to take legal action.
In an interview with the Reading Eagle, Marrero claims security did not even come to check on her for 20 minutes, after which she had already left. In the video, you can hear people laughing as they watch the fall. Marrero claims these voices were mall security and that they were not “professional”.
Comments to an article on Mother Nature Network bring up good points regarding the case. In the video, you cannot actually see the woman’s face. No one would really know the identity of the Fountain Girl if she had not come forward herself and admitted it was her.
So what do you do, facility managers? Can you train your staff to respond to situations like this so they react “professionally” rather than instinctively? Is it possible to stifle the natural inclination to laugh when you see something like this unfold in front of your eyes?
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Friday Funny: Park Pissoir Prompts Lawsuit
- Friday Funny: Eight Linemen, One Elevator
- Stainless Steel Mounting Posts by Camden Door Controls
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts
- Fastening Systems For Single Ply Roofing
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation