Half Million Locksets For Habitat For Humanity
In December 2010, Yale Locks & Hardware, an ASSA ABLOY Group company with plant operations in Lenoir City, TN, celebrated a milestone in its 10 year, $11 million partnership with Habitat for Humanity, with the installation of the 500,000th lockset the company has provided for Habitat houses primarily across the United States. The lockset was installed in partnership with Loudon County [TN] Habitat for Humanity and a Loudon County Habitat homeowner.
“Yale is very proud to be partners with Habitat for Humanity to secure families in their new homes,” said Dick Krajewski, general manager for Yale Locks & Hardware. “We hope each family feels a sense of pride and accomplishment the first time they unlock the door to their new home and a new beginning.”
The ASSA ABLOY Group and Yale Locks & Hardware joined Habitat’s affordable housing work in 2001 with a commitment of $5 million in interior and exterior locksets and complimentary technical advice to Habitat affiliates regarding use and installation. Yale renewed this commitment in 2006, exceeding its second $5 million pledge by nearly $1 million. The company also supports Habitat house construction through employee volunteerism on build sites near Group locations that include Mason City, IA; New Haven, CT; Charlotte, NC; Roanoke, VA; and New York City.
“Yale’s support of Habitat quite literally provides the keys to success and a sense of security, which all people want for themselves and their families,” said Jonathan Reckford, CEO of Habitat for Humanity International. “Yale’s gift in kind allows Habitat affiliates to direct more resources to other construction expenses. We are delighted to celebrate this tremendous milestone, and we are grateful to have Yale as such a faithful and committed partner.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ