In December 2010, Yale Locks & Hardware, an ASSA ABLOY Group company with plant operations in Lenoir City, TN, celebrated a milestone in its 10 year, $11 million partnership with Habitat for Humanity, with the installation of the 500,000th lockset the company has provided for Habitat houses primarily across the United States. The lockset was installed in partnership with Loudon County [TN] Habitat for Humanity and a Loudon County Habitat homeowner.
“Yale is very proud to be partners with Habitat for Humanity to secure families in their new homes,” said Dick Krajewski, general manager for Yale Locks & Hardware. “We hope each family feels a sense of pride and accomplishment the first time they unlock the door to their new home and a new beginning.”
The ASSA ABLOY Group and Yale Locks & Hardware joined Habitat’s affordable housing work in 2001 with a commitment of $5 million in interior and exterior locksets and complimentary technical advice to Habitat affiliates regarding use and installation. Yale renewed this commitment in 2006, exceeding its second $5 million pledge by nearly $1 million. The company also supports Habitat house construction through employee volunteerism on build sites near Group locations that include Mason City, IA; New Haven, CT; Charlotte, NC; Roanoke, VA; and New York City.
“Yale’s support of Habitat quite literally provides the keys to success and a sense of security, which all people want for themselves and their families,” said Jonathan Reckford, CEO of Habitat for Humanity International. “Yale’s gift in kind allows Habitat affiliates to direct more resources to other construction expenses. We are delighted to celebrate this tremendous milestone, and we are grateful to have Yale as such a faithful and committed partner.”
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?