The Facility Technologist: Free Your Mind | By enabling organizations to locate hardware and software off-site, cloud computing reduces headaches for facility managers, especially if a disaster strikes.
Professional Development: Commissioning Goes From Optional To Mainstream | Converging forces in the buildings industry have transformed this testing of building systems from optional to widely accepted.
Services & Maintenance: Planning Green Cleaning | Whether managers are tweaking their organizations’ programs or embarking on an overhaul, occupant health and environmental impact are leading goals.
TFM 2011 Facility Executive Of The Year | Todd Finders, director of global data center services at Emerson, led the development of a LEED Gold facility in St. Louis, MO—the start of a long-term data center consolidation initiative for the company.
HVAC Trends: Forging The Path | Major developments affecting energy efficiency occurred in 2010, with more underway. Facility managers can improve HVAC operations and more by tuning into how they can use these tools.
High-Tech Case Study: High-Tech Housing | A storage facility in South Florida was designed to protect clients’ luxury items.
Renewable Energy: Solid Oxide Fuel Cells | Solid oxide fuel cells are potential opportunities for many facilities, and Bloom Energy has put a twist on this technology.
To subscribe to TFM, visit this link.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation