SCA, a maker of personal care and other products, recently donated $2,000 worth of its Tork® brand towel and bath tissue products to Double H Ranch, a camp for seriously ill children located in Lake Luzerne, NY.
In mid-January, representatives from the ranch picked up 100 cases of paper towels and bath tissue from SCA’s Saratoga distribution center. The products, which are made and converted locally by SCA in South Glens Falls and Greenwich, NY, are being used to serve the more than 1,500 children with life threatening illnesses and their family members, who visit the ranch every year, at no charge.
“SCA is committed to taking an active role in the communities where we do business,” said Mike Mound, regional director of SCA’s Northeast Operations. “The Double H Ranch works hard to improve the quality of life for children with serious illnesses, by giving them the opportunity to experience the beauty of the Adirondacks in a camp setting. We are proud to support their mission with our Tork products.”
“Over the past several years SCA has provided ongoing support for the Double H Ranch,” said Max Yurenda, chief executive officer/executive director at the ranch. “We’re grateful for SCA’s donation. Essentials like bath tissue and towels help us accommodate the campers, their families, and the more than 1,000 volunteers who aid us in creating memorable experiences for the children we serve throughout the year.”
The Double H Ranch is located on 320 acres in the Adirondack Park on Lake Vanare and consists of 35 buildings.
Keith Baker, president of the United Steelworkers Local 1478 for SCA Tissue North America, said this is one of the many ways SCA supports the local community. “We’re very proud to give back to the communities where we, as employees, live, and work and it’s especially meaningful to see the products we make support a charitable organization like Double H Ranch.”
SCA has approximately 400 employees in upstate New York at its mill in South Glens Falls, converting facility in Greenwich and distribution center in Saratoga.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- York Chiller Mobile App