SCA, a maker of personal care and other products, recently donated $2,000 worth of its Tork® brand towel and bath tissue products to Double H Ranch, a camp for seriously ill children located in Lake Luzerne, NY.
In mid-January, representatives from the ranch picked up 100 cases of paper towels and bath tissue from SCA’s Saratoga distribution center. The products, which are made and converted locally by SCA in South Glens Falls and Greenwich, NY, are being used to serve the more than 1,500 children with life threatening illnesses and their family members, who visit the ranch every year, at no charge.
“SCA is committed to taking an active role in the communities where we do business,” said Mike Mound, regional director of SCA’s Northeast Operations. “The Double H Ranch works hard to improve the quality of life for children with serious illnesses, by giving them the opportunity to experience the beauty of the Adirondacks in a camp setting. We are proud to support their mission with our Tork products.”
“Over the past several years SCA has provided ongoing support for the Double H Ranch,” said Max Yurenda, chief executive officer/executive director at the ranch. “We’re grateful for SCA’s donation. Essentials like bath tissue and towels help us accommodate the campers, their families, and the more than 1,000 volunteers who aid us in creating memorable experiences for the children we serve throughout the year.”
The Double H Ranch is located on 320 acres in the Adirondack Park on Lake Vanare and consists of 35 buildings.
Keith Baker, president of the United Steelworkers Local 1478 for SCA Tissue North America, said this is one of the many ways SCA supports the local community. “We’re very proud to give back to the communities where we, as employees, live, and work and it’s especially meaningful to see the products we make support a charitable organization like Double H Ranch.”
SCA has approximately 400 employees in upstate New York at its mill in South Glens Falls, converting facility in Greenwich and distribution center in Saratoga.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention