The Gemini Twin Pack genset from Generac Power Systems, Inc., offers a space saving, redundant design that produces 1,000 kilowatts (kW) (1 megawatt of power). It is suitable for a variety of applications, including hospitals, airports, office buildings, manufacturing plants, data centers, and retail superstores.
Using Generac’s onboard paralleling technology, the Gemini’s power is produced by two 500 kW gensets operating within a single, sound attenuated enclosure. Each genset is powered by a pair of Volvo 16-liter, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) compliant diesel engines, each one powering a 500 kW alternator at 1,800 rotations per minute (RPM). The gensets are mounted side by side within the Gemini enclosure to optimize airflow.
Because the side by side generators operate in parallel, Gemini offers built-in redundancy for increased reliability. During normal operation, the electrical load is shared proportionately by both generators, and if for some reason one is not operating, the other can provide up to 500 kW of power.
The Gemini Twin Pack is designed for high output and has a compact footprint (171 square feet).
Gemini gensets are part of Generac’s Modular Power System (MPS), a flexible and expandable solution. As facilities expand and power needs grow, MPS allows additional gensets to be added to meet increased requirements and achieve n + 1 (need plus one) redundancy for critical loads. As many as seven Gemini units can be combined and paralleled for applications requiring up to 7 mW.
All Gemini gensets are UL 2200 Listed by Underwriters Laboratory for safety and verification of rated power output.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management