NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Gemini Twin Pack Genset By Generac
The Gemini Twin Pack genset from Generac Power Systems, Inc., offers a space saving, redundant design that produces 1,000 kilowatts (kW) (1 megawatt of power). It is suitable for a variety of applications, including hospitals, airports, office buildings, manufacturing plants, data centers, and retail superstores.
Using Generac’s onboard paralleling technology, the Gemini’s power is produced by two 500 kW gensets operating within a single, sound attenuated enclosure. Each genset is powered by a pair of Volvo 16-liter, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) compliant diesel engines, each one powering a 500 kW alternator at 1,800 rotations per minute (RPM). The gensets are mounted side by side within the Gemini enclosure to optimize airflow.
Because the side by side generators operate in parallel, Gemini offers built-in redundancy for increased reliability. During normal operation, the electrical load is shared proportionately by both generators, and if for some reason one is not operating, the other can provide up to 500 kW of power.
The Gemini Twin Pack is designed for high output and has a compact footprint (171 square feet).
Gemini gensets are part of Generac’s Modular Power System (MPS), a flexible and expandable solution. As facilities expand and power needs grow, MPS allows additional gensets to be added to meet increased requirements and achieve n + 1 (need plus one) redundancy for critical loads. As many as seven Gemini units can be combined and paralleled for applications requiring up to 7 mW.
All Gemini gensets are UL 2200 Listed by Underwriters Laboratory for safety and verification of rated power output.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management