The Gemini Twin Pack genset from Generac Power Systems, Inc., offers a space saving, redundant design that produces 1,000 kilowatts (kW) (1 megawatt of power). It is suitable for a variety of applications, including hospitals, airports, office buildings, manufacturing plants, data centers, and retail superstores.
Using Generac’s onboard paralleling technology, the Gemini’s power is produced by two 500 kW gensets operating within a single, sound attenuated enclosure. Each genset is powered by a pair of Volvo 16-liter, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) compliant diesel engines, each one powering a 500 kW alternator at 1,800 rotations per minute (RPM). The gensets are mounted side by side within the Gemini enclosure to optimize airflow.
Because the side by side generators operate in parallel, Gemini offers built-in redundancy for increased reliability. During normal operation, the electrical load is shared proportionately by both generators, and if for some reason one is not operating, the other can provide up to 500 kW of power.
The Gemini Twin Pack is designed for high output and has a compact footprint (171 square feet).
Gemini gensets are part of Generac’s Modular Power System (MPS), a flexible and expandable solution. As facilities expand and power needs grow, MPS allows additional gensets to be added to meet increased requirements and achieve n + 1 (need plus one) redundancy for critical loads. As many as seven Gemini units can be combined and paralleled for applications requiring up to 7 mW.
All Gemini gensets are UL 2200 Listed by Underwriters Laboratory for safety and verification of rated power output.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities