The Gemini Twin Pack genset from Generac Power Systems, Inc., offers a space saving, redundant design that produces 1,000 kilowatts (kW) (1 megawatt of power). It is suitable for a variety of applications, including hospitals, airports, office buildings, manufacturing plants, data centers, and retail superstores.
Using Generac’s onboard paralleling technology, the Gemini’s power is produced by two 500 kW gensets operating within a single, sound attenuated enclosure. Each genset is powered by a pair of Volvo 16-liter, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) compliant diesel engines, each one powering a 500 kW alternator at 1,800 rotations per minute (RPM). The gensets are mounted side by side within the Gemini enclosure to optimize airflow.
Because the side by side generators operate in parallel, Gemini offers built-in redundancy for increased reliability. During normal operation, the electrical load is shared proportionately by both generators, and if for some reason one is not operating, the other can provide up to 500 kW of power.
The Gemini Twin Pack is designed for high output and has a compact footprint (171 square feet).
Gemini gensets are part of Generac’s Modular Power System (MPS), a flexible and expandable solution. As facilities expand and power needs grow, MPS allows additional gensets to be added to meet increased requirements and achieve n + 1 (need plus one) redundancy for critical loads. As many as seven Gemini units can be combined and paralleled for applications requiring up to 7 mW.
All Gemini gensets are UL 2200 Listed by Underwriters Laboratory for safety and verification of rated power output.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs