The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with Steelcase Inc., of Grand Rapids, MI has announced a voluntary recall of Cachet Swivel Chairs. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Approximately 165,000 units are included in this recall, which was issued as a precautionary safety measure. The chairs are being recalled because the front seat support part of the chair can crack and fail, posing a fall hazard to consumers. As of 1/25/11, Steelcase has received one report of a chair support failure resulting in a back injury.
This recall involves all Steelcase Cachet swivel chairs with model number 487 manufactured between May 2002 and October 15, 2009. The chairs have a plastic slotted seat and back design and some were sold with back and seat cushions. The model number and manufacture date are printed on a label on the underside of the base of the chair.
Steelcase will replace chairs for individual consumers who purchased chairs online or from retail outlets including authorized dealers and retail outlets (such as the Healthy Back Store, CSN, Home Office Solutions, Office & Company, and Sam Flax stores). For all commercial customers who purchase chairs in quantity, Steelcase will replace the chair support parts.
Chairs should be inspected for cracks in the front seat support according to the instructions posted online. If any cracks are identified, consumers should immediately stop using the chairs and contact Steelcase. Even if no cracks are identified, consumers should contact Steelcase to arrange for the replacement process and periodically check for cracks until the chair supports are replaced.
For additional information, contact Steelcase toll-free at (800) 391-7194 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or e-mail the firm at email@example.com
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention