The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, in cooperation with Steelcase Inc., of Grand Rapids, MI has announced a voluntary recall of Cachet Swivel Chairs. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Approximately 165,000 units are included in this recall, which was issued as a precautionary safety measure. The chairs are being recalled because the front seat support part of the chair can crack and fail, posing a fall hazard to consumers. As of 1/25/11, Steelcase has received one report of a chair support failure resulting in a back injury.
This recall involves all Steelcase Cachet swivel chairs with model number 487 manufactured between May 2002 and October 15, 2009. The chairs have a plastic slotted seat and back design and some were sold with back and seat cushions. The model number and manufacture date are printed on a label on the underside of the base of the chair.
Steelcase will replace chairs for individual consumers who purchased chairs online or from retail outlets including authorized dealers and retail outlets (such as the Healthy Back Store, CSN, Home Office Solutions, Office & Company, and Sam Flax stores). For all commercial customers who purchase chairs in quantity, Steelcase will replace the chair support parts.
Chairs should be inspected for cracks in the front seat support according to the instructions posted online. If any cracks are identified, consumers should immediately stop using the chairs and contact Steelcase. Even if no cracks are identified, consumers should contact Steelcase to arrange for the replacement process and periodically check for cracks until the chair supports are replaced.
For additional information, contact Steelcase toll-free at (800) 391-7194 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or e-mail the firm at email@example.com
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips