FRIDAY FUNNY: Isn't It Ironic?
What happens when Chicken Little comes home to roost in a municipal building? Ask members of the San Antonio Dangerous Structure Determination Board, and they will indeed say the sky is falling….and it’s not pretty.
A discussion surrounding a fatal incident involving an apartment complex had to be canceled when the City Council Chambers was closed and evacuated. Why? Because chunks of the ceiling plaster fell near employees who happened to be in the room at the time.
John Tedesco writes:
The first piece that fell was small and light. But later, a larger piece landed with a loud thunk and almost struck a city employee who inspects dilapidated buildings in San Antonio. No one was injured.
“A vendor was installing insulation around the ductwork located above the ceiling in the chambers this morning,” Steven Morando, assistant director of the city’s Purchasing and General Services Department, said in an e-mail after the meeting. “Their employee’s foot hit the plaster and caused a small 6-inch diameter piece of plaster to dislodge.”
The incident took place late last month. There has been no update on the state of the ceiling in the offices, but the apartment complex owner was given an extension in order to present his case.
Many thanks to Charles Carpenter for submitting this story.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.