Sika Sarnafil, a maker of thermoplastic roofing and waterproofing membranes, has announced a warranty agreement with LiveRoof®, LLC (developer and manufacturer of the LiveRoof® Hybrid System). The two companies will now provide facility managers a 20-year single source warranty on the plant material of the LiveRoof system as well as the performance of Sika Sarnafil’s waterproofing membranes and accessories in green roof installations that use both companies’ products.
The LiveRoof Hybrid Green Roof System is a turnkey green roof solution pre-vegetated with fully grown plants at the nursery, eliminating the need for on-site expert horticulturists and decreasing maintenance requirements. Designed by horticulturists and experts in soil science, architecture, roofing, logistics, and ergonomics, LiveRoof modules can be vegetated with various plant mixes to address regional climates and particular project design goals. The modules can be moved aside for roof inspections or repairs.
Green roof systems have evolved from simple planters to complete engineered systems, specially designed for climate, storm water management, and aesthetic objectives. The LiveRoof system is typically installed by roofing contractors enabling quicker completion and contractor responsibility.
The Sarnafil G476 membrane is specially designed for sub-grade environments, compounded to remain watertight in extreme conditions, including constant dampness, ponding water, high and low alkaline conditions, and exposure to plant roots, fungi and bacterial organisms.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention