NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Single Source Warranty On Green Roofs
Sika Sarnafil, a maker of thermoplastic roofing and waterproofing membranes, has announced a warranty agreement with LiveRoof®, LLC (developer and manufacturer of the LiveRoof® Hybrid System). The two companies will now provide facility managers a 20-year single source warranty on the plant material of the LiveRoof system as well as the performance of Sika Sarnafil’s waterproofing membranes and accessories in green roof installations that use both companies’ products.
The LiveRoof Hybrid Green Roof System is a turnkey green roof solution pre-vegetated with fully grown plants at the nursery, eliminating the need for on-site expert horticulturists and decreasing maintenance requirements. Designed by horticulturists and experts in soil science, architecture, roofing, logistics, and ergonomics, LiveRoof modules can be vegetated with various plant mixes to address regional climates and particular project design goals. The modules can be moved aside for roof inspections or repairs.
Green roof systems have evolved from simple planters to complete engineered systems, specially designed for climate, storm water management, and aesthetic objectives. The LiveRoof system is typically installed by roofing contractors enabling quicker completion and contractor responsibility.
The Sarnafil G476 membrane is specially designed for sub-grade environments, compounded to remain watertight in extreme conditions, including constant dampness, ponding water, high and low alkaline conditions, and exposure to plant roots, fungi and bacterial organisms.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?