Sika Sarnafil, a maker of thermoplastic roofing and waterproofing membranes, has announced a warranty agreement with LiveRoof®, LLC (developer and manufacturer of the LiveRoof® Hybrid System). The two companies will now provide facility managers a 20-year single source warranty on the plant material of the LiveRoof system as well as the performance of Sika Sarnafil’s waterproofing membranes and accessories in green roof installations that use both companies’ products.
The LiveRoof Hybrid Green Roof System is a turnkey green roof solution pre-vegetated with fully grown plants at the nursery, eliminating the need for on-site expert horticulturists and decreasing maintenance requirements. Designed by horticulturists and experts in soil science, architecture, roofing, logistics, and ergonomics, LiveRoof modules can be vegetated with various plant mixes to address regional climates and particular project design goals. The modules can be moved aside for roof inspections or repairs.
Green roof systems have evolved from simple planters to complete engineered systems, specially designed for climate, storm water management, and aesthetic objectives. The LiveRoof system is typically installed by roofing contractors enabling quicker completion and contractor responsibility.
The Sarnafil G476 membrane is specially designed for sub-grade environments, compounded to remain watertight in extreme conditions, including constant dampness, ponding water, high and low alkaline conditions, and exposure to plant roots, fungi and bacterial organisms.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs