The dead and missing in the wake of Friday’s 9.0-magnitude earthquake and massive tsunami in Japan topped 5,000 Monday, after some 2,000 bodies were found along two shores in Miyagi Prefecture. The death toll from the Japanese quake and tsunami is expected to run into the tens of thousands as local and international rescue teams continue searching through the ruins of north-eastern coastal cities for survivors of the disaster, according to The Guardian UK.
For additional FacilityBlog coverage of this story, see this related post: Codes Impact Faclity Tsunami Preparation and Recovery.
Despite the deployment of 100,000 Japanese troops and more than 500 foreign rescue specialists, the relief operation is being hampered by the damage done to the country’s transport infrastructure, with roads, rail, ports and power lines crippled across much of the disaster region. The International Foundation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies has established a solidarity fund to provide people with an opportunity to show their support for individuals and communities affected by the devastating events in Japan.
Your gift will support the Japanese Red Cross Society (JRCS) disaster relief efforts to help those affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Funds will be used for the on-going provision of immediate relief and for eventual recovery support to the affected population.
PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION TODAY.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention