The future of lighting—with an emphasis on the potential of light emitting diode (LED), fluorescent, halogen, and ceramic metal halide lighting systems—is on the move. Earlier this month, the GE Lighting Revolution Tour began traveling to 47 U.S. and Canadian cities to showcase the future of lighting. The first stop was Orlando, FL on March 2, and this mobile information resource will conclude in Charlotte, NC in November.
Lighting professionals and designers, distributors, architects, contractors, facility maintenance and utility executives, as well as government officials are invited to register for the event nearest them for a sneak peek of the brightest lighting technologies on the horizon this year and beyond. The site lists each tour stop and date.
Exhibits on board showcase GE’s most advanced thinking about how retail, office, outdoor, municipal, and architectural lighting (including many products of ecomaginationSM) are improving with simplified and less costly maintenance, greater creativity, and enhanced energy efficiency. The tour’s hands on displays address many of the topics that commercial and residential lighting professionals face today, including energy management programs, legislative mandates, and environmental initiatives such as LEED certification.
“The GE Lighting Revolution Tour is a lens to the future of lighting and a preview of what customers will see at LightFair in Philadelphia this May,” says Jim Benson, general manager of commercial marketing, GE Lighting.
In addition to providing technology and application overviews, GE’s on-site experts will be available to analyze specific lighting application challenges and objectives.
Customers who RSVP on the Tour website will receive ongoing updates and will be eligible for a chance to win a Flip™ HD camera.
“Put the GE Lighting Revolution Tour on your calendar if you specify, recommend, or buy lighting systems,” adds Benson. “We can help you navigate your way to a more financially and environmentally sound solution.”
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention