For tertiary wastewater treatment applications, the AlgaePac system from Oldcastle Precast features patented Algaewheel technology which provides a diverse ecological environment for wastewater discharged to Surface, Subsurface, and/or Reuse situations.
Using a symbiotic relationship between algae and bacteria, the AlgaePac system combines Algaewheel technology, simple clarification processes enhanced by the natural coagulating effect of algae filaments, and disinfection to provide effluent treated to tertiary standards.
Algae, a plant that grows through photosynthesis (assimilates nitrates, phosphates, and their antecedents into plant food), produces oxygen while consuming nutrients and CO2.
In the Algaewheel environment, bacteria convert organic carbon into food for the algae. In turn, algae convert inorganics into food for the bacteria. The net result is a robust ecological environment and a treatment plant that:
- Provides tertiary treatment
- Has low energy requirements due to direct usage of solar energy
- Has low maintenance due to simple technology and natural processes
The Algaewheel is at the heart of the AlgaePac system, and typical project applications include:
- Institutional and educational facilities
- Commercial development
- Government facilities
- Resorts and hotels
- Mobile home parks
Oldcastle Precast recently signed an agreement with Cincinnati Nature Center, a non-profit, environmental education and land preservation organization, to install an AlgaePac Packaged Wastewater Treatment System at the Rowe Woods location in Milford, OH. Oldcastle Precast’s Hartford City, Indiana plant will provide the system, and Oldcastle Precast Services, Indianapolis, will provide turn-key installation of the AlgaePac system, as well as a packaged lift station and force main collection system.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs