By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the March 2011 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Can you recommend a meeting room scheduling program that can also print out customized room signs? We’ve been using Meeting Room Manager, but it’s not meeting all our needs.
Cooperative of American Physicians
Los Angeles, CA
A Before we throw the baby out with the bath water, let’s take another look. From my understanding, Meeting Room Manager uses SQL for its database. If so, then you could use Microsoft Access to create a query with the data for the signage. Then, using something like Word or Publisher, you could import the information from Access and create your signs on demand.
Not knowing what type of signs you need makes it difficult to recommend a specific program. You can review other similar programs by conducting a Google search to see if you can find one with the extra desired features.
All questions have been submitted via the “Ask The Expert” portion of the magazine’s web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation