By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the March 2011 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Can you recommend a meeting room scheduling program that can also print out customized room signs? We’ve been using Meeting Room Manager, but it’s not meeting all our needs.
Cooperative of American Physicians
Los Angeles, CA
A Before we throw the baby out with the bath water, let’s take another look. From my understanding, Meeting Room Manager uses SQL for its database. If so, then you could use Microsoft Access to create a query with the data for the signage. Then, using something like Word or Publisher, you could import the information from Access and create your signs on demand.
Not knowing what type of signs you need makes it difficult to recommend a specific program. You can review other similar programs by conducting a Google search to see if you can find one with the extra desired features.
All questions have been submitted via the “Ask The Expert” portion of the magazine’s web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets