Tricks Of The Trade: Meeting Room Scheduling Signage
By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the March 2011 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Can you recommend a meeting room scheduling program that can also print out customized room signs? We’ve been using Meeting Room Manager, but it’s not meeting all our needs.
Cooperative of American Physicians
Los Angeles, CA
A Before we throw the baby out with the bath water, let’s take another look. From my understanding, Meeting Room Manager uses SQL for its database. If so, then you could use Microsoft Access to create a query with the data for the signage. Then, using something like Word or Publisher, you could import the information from Access and create your signs on demand.
Not knowing what type of signs you need makes it difficult to recommend a specific program. You can review other similar programs by conducting a Google search to see if you can find one with the extra desired features.
All questions have been submitted via the “Ask The Expert” portion of the magazine’s web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ