Live fish in the water cooler, a drawer full of Jell-o, a coffee mug hanging from the ceiling – back in 2004, these were just some of the April Fool’s Day jokes 23% of workers reported they had played or fallen victim to according to a CareerBuilder.com survey. Seventy-seven percent of workers said they could not recall any April Fool’s Day trickery at their place of business.
Highlights from “THE TRICKED”
- A co-worker crank called me saying that I was being fined $500 for not showing up to jury duty that day.
- I was told by a coworker that I could leave early, which I did. It turns out it wasn’t true.
- My staff left voicemail messages one by one with different excuses on why they wouldn’t be able to report to work (car trouble, sick, funeral, etc). Meanwhile, they were all hiding in an office one floor below.
- Someone switched the “M” and “N” keys on my keyboard.
- They super-glued my drawers shut.
- Someone at the office put a fake engagement announcement about me in the local paper.
- Unbeknownst to me, a friend at work hung a sign on the back of my car, which read, “Please wave, I have no friends!”
Highlights from “THE TRICKSTERS”
- We moved someone’s entire office contents to the front lobby.
- We placed a fake outline of a dead body on the floor when clients came to visit.
- I swapped the felt tip from a highlighter with the felt tip from a black magic marker.
- We taped down the pins that pop up when you pick up the telephone, so it just kept ringing and ringing when the receptionist tried to answer a call.
- We all turned in our resignations to the boss – we later said we were kidding.
- I hid in a box that had been shipped to us that day and jumped out at my boss when he opened it.
- We did the typical – changed someone’s screensaver to something inappropriate, switched the men’s and ladies’ room signs, put a spider on someone’s shoulder, etc.
- We stole a coworker’s favorite old, broken down chair from the office and took Polaroid pictures with co-workers sitting in it at different tourist or business locations. We made him go on a hunt for the chair, which led him back to the office where we had balloons and food waiting.
So what kinds of pranks have you witnessed on the job? And did you trick or get tricked? Either way, happy April Fool’s day to all.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management