KMC Controls has unveiled its new Building Automations Channel on the Today’s Facility Manager website.
Many people wonder what exactly Building Automation is. By definition, building automation itself is an energy management system that consists of computerized, interlinked, networks of hardware and software which monitor and control the mechanical and lighting systems in commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities.
Often referred to as a Building Automation System (BAS), the core promises of a BAS is to keep the building climate within a specified range, provide lighting based on occupancy schedules, and monitor system performance and device failures that trigger email and/or text notifications to building engineering staff. This functionality results in higher energy efficiency, lower operating and maintenance costs, better indoor air quality, and greater occupant comfort and productivity.
Since 1969, KMC Controls has been helping facilities achieve higher levels of indoor environmental quality and energy efficiency by automating and controlling building systems. The company’s innovations include pneumatic and electronic control devices for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) applications; a complete line of fully programmable digital hardware and intuitive software for local and remote web-based facility management.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?