KMC Controls has unveiled its new Building Automations Channel on the Today’s Facility Manager website.
Many people wonder what exactly Building Automation is. By definition, building automation itself is an energy management system that consists of computerized, interlinked, networks of hardware and software which monitor and control the mechanical and lighting systems in commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities.
Often referred to as a Building Automation System (BAS), the core promises of a BAS is to keep the building climate within a specified range, provide lighting based on occupancy schedules, and monitor system performance and device failures that trigger email and/or text notifications to building engineering staff. This functionality results in higher energy efficiency, lower operating and maintenance costs, better indoor air quality, and greater occupant comfort and productivity.
Since 1969, KMC Controls has been helping facilities achieve higher levels of indoor environmental quality and energy efficiency by automating and controlling building systems. The company’s innovations include pneumatic and electronic control devices for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) applications; a complete line of fully programmable digital hardware and intuitive software for local and remote web-based facility management.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management