The Spectroline® Marksman™ ultrasonic diagnostic tool from Spectronics Corporation converts and amplifies inaudible ultrasonic sound into audible “natural” sound. This enables building service technicians to easily hear sounds that signify problems such as compressed air leaks and electrical discharge, as well as vacuum, natural gas, propane, refrigerant, seal, and gasket leaks. This allows the technicians to repair these issues before they worsen.
The Marksman uses a two-tiered process to ensure accurate diagnosis. First, the receiver unit converts inaudible sound into audible sound using a process known as heterodyning. Then, the receiver’s Sound Signal Technology™ fine tunes the audible sound into the natural sound emitted by the defect itself. A 10-bar LED display indicates the intensity of incoming signals.
Designed for optimal performance, the MDE-1000 Marksman Master Kit comes with a receiver, full sized headphones, two probes, and an ultrasonic emitter that allows technicians to test for faulty seals, gaskets, and weatherstripping in doors, windows, ductwork, and other unpressurized enclosures. When attached to the receiver, the 12″ hollow probe accentuates air sounds, while the solid contact probe accentuates sounds of wear or grinding inside gears. Standard 9 volt alkaline batteries are included for both the receiver and the emitter. All components are packed in a storage case with foam insert.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices