Falcon Electric, Inc., an Irwindale, CA manufacturer of Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs) and power conversion products, has obtained UL (Underwriters Laboratory) listing for its CE approved 220Vac SSG Series UPS product line. These agency listings (UL and the European Union CE) give large companies and systems integrators the ability to install a single UPS product line that has both agency listings.
The SSG Series UPS is designed to operate reliably, providing backup power in a wide range of temperatures. With an operational temperature range of -4°F to 131°F (-20°C to 55°C), the SSG is suited for harsh industrial, military, and IT power environments. The SSG Series feature hot swappable batteries with a 10 year life expectancy operating in a 70°F to 80°F environment. When installed in a 122°F (50°C) location, projected battery life is four years.
The 1.5kVA to 3kVA 220Vac SSG Series models are true double-conversion on-line UPSs, which are designed to give users the highest level of protection against a wide spectrum of power problems. These units provide clean, tightly regulated, sinewave output power even when operating from a “dirty” incoming AC power source. The SSG Series acts like an electronic firewall between incoming “dirty” power, protecting sensitive microprocessor based equipment.
For unattended operating system (OS) shutdown and monitoring of the UPS system, Falcon’s UPSilon® shutdown and management software supports Windows® platforms, including Version 7 and Server Version 2008 R2, as well as Novell NetWare® 5 & 6, Linux, and FreeBSD. UPSilon for UNIX is available at an additional cost and supports most popular UNIX platform and OS versions.
For remote monitoring and management of industrial networks, including humidity, smoke, physical entry, and water detection, users may purchase an optional USHA SNMP/HTTP agent board that installs directly inside the UPS, providing a TCP-IP addressable, 10/100 Ethernet communication node. The USHA supports IPv4, IPv6, SNMPv3, and RADIUS. The SSG Series Ultra features Remote Emergency Power Off (REPO) with NFPA-70, NEC 645-11 compliant operation.
The 120Vac and 220Vac SSG Series also features load segment control, input power factor correction (PFC), and a precision output voltage regulation. Prices range from $1,690 for the 1.5kVA model (SSG1.5KRM-2) to $3,489 for the standard 3kVA model (SSG3KRM-2).
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation