At a time when most chief executives see sustainability as critical to their future success, Sika Sarnafil, a provider of thermoplastic roofing and waterproofing membranes, has announced a new Sustainability Promise campaign to help facility managers and others in charge of roofing selection evaluate their purchasing decisions. Sustainability may seem like a simple concept, but it can be difficult and complex to put into practice. Sika Sarnafil has created a common set of criteria on sustainability to help architects, specifiers, and facility managers to measure various roofing options and to simplify the process.
“At Sika Sarnafil, we want to help our customers with a common set of criteria that aids in the complicated process of deciding whether their purchase decisions meet common standards of sustainability,” said Brian J. Whelan, senior vice president of Sika Sarnafil. “Our comprehensive checklist provides a clear way to make good, informed decisions.”
These criteria come at a time when CEOs recognize sustainability as a source of cost efficiencies and revenue growth as well as a critical element in driving growth in new markets, according to a survey conducted by the United Nations Global Compact and Accenture. The study said executives recognized the complexity of implementing a sustainability strategy and the need to train managers on sustainability issues. Over 90% of the CEOs said their companies would employ new technologies to address sustainability such as developing renewable energy and creating greater energy efficiency.
The key elements of a sustainable roof include a long service life, the ability to recycle the roof when replacement is necessary, the ability of a roof to reduce building cooling energy consumption and related carbon emissions, and the ability of the roofing membrane to resist the spread of flames in a fire. The analysis also recommends reviewing a life cycle analysis of the environmental impacts of the roofing system and asking whether the manufacturers carry ISO 14001 and Responsible Care certifications, standards recognized worldwide for environmental stewardship.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant