Service Company Donates Time For Green Cleaning
Planned Companies, a Parsippany, NJ company that provides janitorial/maintenance, concierge/doorman, and security services, participated in a one-day “green cleaning initiative” at the Lafayette Street School, a Pre-K to 8th grade facility in Newark, NJ.
On January 26, 2011, 30 associates from Planned Companies participated in the rejuvenation project by cleaning the school from top to bottom, using environmentally sensitive cleaning products. The company’s president and CEO, Rob Francis LEED AP, and Astrit “Tony” Gorana LEED AP, executive vice president of Building Services were part of the group that took part in the effort. The volunteers divided into four teams of six to clean four floors of the school, which included classrooms, hallways, and the auditorium.
“We feel it is important to give something positive back both to the City that has supported us over the years, and to the people of New Jersey who have facilitated the growth of our real estate service business for four generations,” said Francis. “We started as window cleaners and janitors in this great city of Newark and went on to build one of the largest janitorial, maintenance, security, and concierge service organizations in the Northeast. Philanthropic endeavors like this have become part of our culture at Planned and we look forward to working on similar projects in the future. On behalf of Planned Companies, I’d like to thank everyone who was involved with this initiative as it truly makes a difference to the community.”
Established in Newark in 1898, Planned Companies launched its “Go Green” initiative in October 2008, after receiving feedback from customers who were concerned with the health of their environment. That first event occurred on October 11, 2008 with the company donating time and services through New Jersey Cares at the Sussex Avenue School of Arts and Sciences, also in Newark.
“We understand the importance of green cleaning here at Lafayette Street School as we have already established a green cleaning program throughout the district,” said Maria Merlo, principal of Lafayette Street School for the last eight years. “Not only are the custodians working side by side with the Planned Companies’ team, but our teachers and staff continuously educate the students about the benefits of Eco-friendly products, and how they enhance a learning environment. We are excited to be a part of this wonderful initiative and are grateful to Planned Companies for its charitable efforts.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ