Facilities management organizations across the globe will recognize the contributions facilities management makes to the workplace as they celebrate the third annual World FM Day on June 23, 2011. Global Facility Management Association member organizations will hold public events on six different continents highlighting the important role FM plays in organizational and building performance for both government entities and private businesses.
Global FM member organizations invite all facility professionals and business organizations to join in this celebration of the facilities management profession. Activities will include governmental partnerships, public information campaigns, networking events, seminars and workshops, luncheons, award presentations, social media outreach, and more, all with the goal of raising the profile of the facilities management profession worldwide.
International associations including the Associação Brasileira de Facilities (ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG), BIFM, the European Facility Management Network (EuroFM), the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), FM-ARENA, the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), the International Facility Management Institute India, the Middle East Facility Management Association (MEFMA) and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA) will join the celebration in Australia, Brazil, India, the Netherlands, South Africa, the UAE, the U.S, and in countries throughout Europe.
Teena Shouse, Global FM Chair stated: “As the challenges within the built environment mount, how appropriate that we take time out to pause and celebrate facility management and the contributions made by FM professionals. Facility Managers all over the world are actively addressing sustainability issues, striving for facility operational excellence, cost containment, and increasing the life expectancy of our existing building portfolio. The Global FM Awards for FM Excellence and recognition of World FM Day are great examples of how we can highlight these accomplishments. Celebrate in your own way on World FM Day June 23, 2011!”
This year will also see the presentation of the second annual Global FM Awards for Excellence in Facilities Management. These awards recognize efforts by individuals and teams within the facilities management industry — from researchers to facility operators — who have made a positive contribution to the knowledge, practical application, and communication of strategies to improve the workplace environment and sustainable performance of their facilities.
The Global FM Awards for Excellence in Facilities Management highlight the “best of the best” within the FM world and promote the strategic importance and value of facilities management — giving worldwide recognition to recipients for their commitment and success in promoting and enhancing quality facilities management practices. Winners will be announced during World FM Day celebrations.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention