Gearing Up For World FM Day, June 23, 2011
Facilities management organizations across the globe will recognize the contributions facilities management makes to the workplace as they celebrate the third annual World FM Day on June 23, 2011. Global Facility Management Association member organizations will hold public events on six different continents highlighting the important role FM plays in organizational and building performance for both government entities and private businesses.
Global FM member organizations invite all facility professionals and business organizations to join in this celebration of the facilities management profession. Activities will include governmental partnerships, public information campaigns, networking events, seminars and workshops, luncheons, award presentations, social media outreach, and more, all with the goal of raising the profile of the facilities management profession worldwide.
International associations including the Associação Brasileira de Facilities (ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG), BIFM, the European Facility Management Network (EuroFM), the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), FM-ARENA, the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), the International Facility Management Institute India, the Middle East Facility Management Association (MEFMA) and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA) will join the celebration in Australia, Brazil, India, the Netherlands, South Africa, the UAE, the U.S, and in countries throughout Europe.
Teena Shouse, Global FM Chair stated: “As the challenges within the built environment mount, how appropriate that we take time out to pause and celebrate facility management and the contributions made by FM professionals. Facility Managers all over the world are actively addressing sustainability issues, striving for facility operational excellence, cost containment, and increasing the life expectancy of our existing building portfolio. The Global FM Awards for FM Excellence and recognition of World FM Day are great examples of how we can highlight these accomplishments. Celebrate in your own way on World FM Day June 23, 2011!”
This year will also see the presentation of the second annual Global FM Awards for Excellence in Facilities Management. These awards recognize efforts by individuals and teams within the facilities management industry — from researchers to facility operators — who have made a positive contribution to the knowledge, practical application, and communication of strategies to improve the workplace environment and sustainable performance of their facilities.
The Global FM Awards for Excellence in Facilities Management highlight the “best of the best” within the FM world and promote the strategic importance and value of facilities management — giving worldwide recognition to recipients for their commitment and success in promoting and enhancing quality facilities management practices. Winners will be announced during World FM Day celebrations.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ