The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce the formation of its newest chapter, the Central Valley Chapter of IFMA, located in Modesto, CA. The chapter was formed to promote the facility management profession and highlight educational opportunities available to facility professionals throughout Fresno, Stockton, Modesto, Merced, Manteca, and surrounding Central Valley areas. The new chapter joins 10 other IFMA chapters located in California.
The chapter has identified its leadership for the inaugural term consisting of a four-person executive board. Albert Gabriel, CFM, of Label Technology, is president; Art A. Saldivar, CFM, CFMJ, of Johnson Controls, is vice president; Brian McGrath, of Belfor Property Restoration, is secretary; and Robert Carpenter, facilities manager, is treasurer. About 30 facility professionals and associates have already joined the chapter.
“We’re excited to promote the development of the facility management profession throughout the Central Valley, which is the heart of California,” said Gabriel. “We’re looking forward to helping companies get better facility management services from experienced professionals, and in the future, we also hope to work with local universities and other IFMA chapters to offer educational programs. The future is bright in the Valley.”
The IFMA board of directors approved the formation of the Central Valley Chapter of IFMA this past March. The board will formally present the charter certificate to chapter leaders in May.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?