The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce the formation of its newest chapter, the Central Valley Chapter of IFMA, located in Modesto, CA. The chapter was formed to promote the facility management profession and highlight educational opportunities available to facility professionals throughout Fresno, Stockton, Modesto, Merced, Manteca, and surrounding Central Valley areas. The new chapter joins 10 other IFMA chapters located in California.
The chapter has identified its leadership for the inaugural term consisting of a four-person executive board. Albert Gabriel, CFM, of Label Technology, is president; Art A. Saldivar, CFM, CFMJ, of Johnson Controls, is vice president; Brian McGrath, of Belfor Property Restoration, is secretary; and Robert Carpenter, facilities manager, is treasurer. About 30 facility professionals and associates have already joined the chapter.
“We’re excited to promote the development of the facility management profession throughout the Central Valley, which is the heart of California,” said Gabriel. “We’re looking forward to helping companies get better facility management services from experienced professionals, and in the future, we also hope to work with local universities and other IFMA chapters to offer educational programs. The future is bright in the Valley.”
The IFMA board of directors approved the formation of the Central Valley Chapter of IFMA this past March. The board will formally present the charter certificate to chapter leaders in May.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management