The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce the formation of its newest chapter, the Central Valley Chapter of IFMA, located in Modesto, CA. The chapter was formed to promote the facility management profession and highlight educational opportunities available to facility professionals throughout Fresno, Stockton, Modesto, Merced, Manteca, and surrounding Central Valley areas. The new chapter joins 10 other IFMA chapters located in California.
The chapter has identified its leadership for the inaugural term consisting of a four-person executive board. Albert Gabriel, CFM, of Label Technology, is president; Art A. Saldivar, CFM, CFMJ, of Johnson Controls, is vice president; Brian McGrath, of Belfor Property Restoration, is secretary; and Robert Carpenter, facilities manager, is treasurer. About 30 facility professionals and associates have already joined the chapter.
“We’re excited to promote the development of the facility management profession throughout the Central Valley, which is the heart of California,” said Gabriel. “We’re looking forward to helping companies get better facility management services from experienced professionals, and in the future, we also hope to work with local universities and other IFMA chapters to offer educational programs. The future is bright in the Valley.”
The IFMA board of directors approved the formation of the Central Valley Chapter of IFMA this past March. The board will formally present the charter certificate to chapter leaders in May.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation