In response to the increasing demand from businesses of all sizes for easier “green” procurement, Staples Advantage, the business-to-business division of Staples, Inc., has launched its 2011 Green Guide. Available through Staples Advantage’s environmental website, the 2011 Green Guide features more than 1,400 environmentally preferable products – spanning office supplies, technology, furniture, cleaning and breakroom items, and more. Combined with the environmental web page, interactive features, and educational resources, Staples Advantage’s Green Guide aims to help businesses reach sustainability goals and find solutions for their needs.
The Green Guide is available online only, thus reducing waste associated with paper catalogs. According to the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), about 17 billion catalogs are mailed to American consumers and businesses each year – producing enough carbon dioxide to equal the annual emissions from 1.7 million cars.
The Guide offers an extensive product selection, including chairs made from recycled soft drink bottles; 100% recycled paper towels for the kitchen and breakroom; sustainable cleaning products that are high performing and safe alternatives; multi-function, energy saving printers; and gel-ink pens made from recycled plastic bottles.
Included with the guide is an Eco-Dictionary, which provides explanations of leading “eco”-related terms—from “environmentally preferable products” to “GREENGUARD certified” to “ENERGY STAR qualified.” Users can click the new Eco-Dictionary to find out definitions and see how their product selections stack up.
Interactive features, including clickable images, tips, and quizzes, help users brush up on the importance and impact of sustainable business practices. Post-It notes for flagging pages and products, quick browse to help customers easily find products, click-to-buy options and more, support convenient and efficient purchasing.
The Green Guide and environmental website are part of Staples Advantage’s offering of green solutions for businesses. Additional programs designed to help customers achieve their sustainability goals include ink and toner recycling, technology and small office electronics recycling, customized educational materials, green calculators, and more.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs