Staples Launches "Green Guide" For Business
In response to the increasing demand from businesses of all sizes for easier “green” procurement, Staples Advantage, the business-to-business division of Staples, Inc., has launched its 2011 Green Guide. Available through Staples Advantage’s environmental website, the 2011 Green Guide features more than 1,400 environmentally preferable products – spanning office supplies, technology, furniture, cleaning and breakroom items, and more. Combined with the environmental web page, interactive features, and educational resources, Staples Advantage’s Green Guide aims to help businesses reach sustainability goals and find solutions for their needs.
The Green Guide is available online only, thus reducing waste associated with paper catalogs. According to the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), about 17 billion catalogs are mailed to American consumers and businesses each year – producing enough carbon dioxide to equal the annual emissions from 1.7 million cars.
The Guide offers an extensive product selection, including chairs made from recycled soft drink bottles; 100% recycled paper towels for the kitchen and breakroom; sustainable cleaning products that are high performing and safe alternatives; multi-function, energy saving printers; and gel-ink pens made from recycled plastic bottles.
Included with the guide is an Eco-Dictionary, which provides explanations of leading “eco”-related terms—from “environmentally preferable products” to “GREENGUARD certified” to “ENERGY STAR qualified.” Users can click the new Eco-Dictionary to find out definitions and see how their product selections stack up.
Interactive features, including clickable images, tips, and quizzes, help users brush up on the importance and impact of sustainable business practices. Post-It notes for flagging pages and products, quick browse to help customers easily find products, click-to-buy options and more, support convenient and efficient purchasing.
The Green Guide and environmental website are part of Staples Advantage’s offering of green solutions for businesses. Additional programs designed to help customers achieve their sustainability goals include ink and toner recycling, technology and small office electronics recycling, customized educational materials, green calculators, and more.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.