TrendWall, an architectural product made by Trendway, is the first product in the contract furniture industry to achieve CarbonNeutral status. The company achieved this by working with The CarbonNeutral Company, a global firm that since 1997 has helped organizations reduce and offset their carbon emissions.
The certification of the Trendwall product (seen here) elevates the impact that the inherently sustainable, moveable walls can have on green design. “We’re pleased to strengthen our sustainable efforts with TrendWall’s Certified CarbonNeutral status,” commends Trendway director of architectural products Nathan Lowery. “In addition to reducing waste and consumption of fossil fuels, our environmental commitment now extends to global air quality through our involvement with The CarbonNeutral Company. I’m excited for Trendway to take this next step.”
Trendway As A Company Also CarbonNeutral
With the new TrendWall status comes Trendway’s equally significant certification as a CarbonNeutral company from The CarbonNeutral Company. Trendway is certified in accordance with The CarbonNeutral Protocol, the global standard for carbon neutral certification, enabling a business to measure and reduce carbon emissions to net zero. For Trendway, this means investing in high quality, highly transparent carbon reduction projects across the globe that focus on CO2 (and its equivalent greenhouse gases) capture or reduction.
To offset its unavoidable carbon emissions, Trendway has invested in four projects focusing on both methane capture and wind generation: McKinney Landfill Gas Project in Dallas, TX; Fredericton Landfill Gas Project in New Brunswick, Canada; and the Tieling Coal Mine Methane Capture and the Hebei Province 34.5 MW Wind Power Project, both in China.
Through these initiatives, Trendway will earn guaranteed, verified carbon offsets that will reduce the company’s carbon footprint to net zero. Lowery explains that the investment in the four projects equates to roughly 6,000 tonnes CO2e—which is Trendway’s corporate and TrendWall’s product carbon footprint.
To best describe Trendway’s involvement in these projects, Lowery uses The CarbonNeutral Company’s parallel of at-home recycling, “As consumers, we facilitate the recycling process by sorting recyclables into bins and rely on waste management companies to then actually recycle the materials. Likewise, Trendway is facilitating the reduction of global greenhouse gas emissions by investing in projects that offset our carbon footprint in other parts of the world. Only with such funding will these important, innovative technologies be developed and viable.”
Lowery adds that, while projects will change over time, Trendway’s goal will remain consistent: to lower its greenhouse balance sheet by managing emissions caused by its own factory manufacturing and fleet fuel consumption, while simultaneously reducing unavoidable emissions through offsetting projects like the four identified above.
“As our carbon footprint decreases, so does the amount of credits we need to offset it—there’s a real financial incentive to improve,” emphasizes Trendway president and CEO Bill Bundy. “We’re motivated to not only uphold our own high standards of sustainability but become a continual partner in net zero carbon emissions.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management