Kimberly-Clark Professional has created a new awards program designed to recognize and reward companies that have made a comprehensive corporate commitment to better hand and surface hygiene in the workplace as well as to the education of its employees in the importance of “wash, wipe and sanitize” office hygiene.
The Healthy Workplace Project Award, an additional initiative of Kimberly-Clark’s “The Healthy Workplace Project,” will be awarded to companies that have demonstrated a sustained, significant effort toward breaking the cycle of germ transmission in the workplace. The Award recognizes and celebrates the implementation of best practices around office hygiene initiatives as well as employee engagement and education.
The Healthy Workplace Project Award will be an annual program, and any office environment is eligible to participate. The program is self-nominating, and applicants are asked to complete a questionnaire that will serve as their award submission. Participants need to describe the hand and surface hygiene initiatives their company has implemented, as well as any educational programs that have been introduced to reinforce these initiatives. The application also requires a description of how the success of these initiatives is measured.
Applications for the awards will be accepted through April 30, 2012. More information, along with the application, can be found at this link.
The program submitted for consideration will be judged by independent, third-party experts in the fields of workplace health, office hygiene, and germ transmission. (The judges will be announced this summer.)
Winners, to include a Gold, Silver and Bronze winning company, will be announced in June 2012. In addition to other health and wellness awards the grand prize winner will receive $15,000 worth of hand and surface hygiene products from Kimberly-Clark Professional. The second place winner will also receive an office-based health and wellness award and will receive $10,000 of products, and the third place winner will receive $5,000 of products.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?