Kimberly-Clark Professional has created a new awards program designed to recognize and reward companies that have made a comprehensive corporate commitment to better hand and surface hygiene in the workplace as well as to the education of its employees in the importance of “wash, wipe and sanitize” office hygiene.
The Healthy Workplace Project Award, an additional initiative of Kimberly-Clark’s “The Healthy Workplace Project,” will be awarded to companies that have demonstrated a sustained, significant effort toward breaking the cycle of germ transmission in the workplace. The Award recognizes and celebrates the implementation of best practices around office hygiene initiatives as well as employee engagement and education.
The Healthy Workplace Project Award will be an annual program, and any office environment is eligible to participate. The program is self-nominating, and applicants are asked to complete a questionnaire that will serve as their award submission. Participants need to describe the hand and surface hygiene initiatives their company has implemented, as well as any educational programs that have been introduced to reinforce these initiatives. The application also requires a description of how the success of these initiatives is measured.
Applications for the awards will be accepted through April 30, 2012. More information, along with the application, can be found at this link.
The program submitted for consideration will be judged by independent, third-party experts in the fields of workplace health, office hygiene, and germ transmission. (The judges will be announced this summer.)
Winners, to include a Gold, Silver and Bronze winning company, will be announced in June 2012. In addition to other health and wellness awards the grand prize winner will receive $15,000 worth of hand and surface hygiene products from Kimberly-Clark Professional. The second place winner will also receive an office-based health and wellness award and will receive $10,000 of products, and the third place winner will receive $5,000 of products.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security