MovinCool has introduced a water-cooled, ceiling-mount air conditioner. The CMW30 is designed for server rooms and other applications with dense heat loads where an air-cooled model cannot be used—due to the lack of available space into which to direct hot exhaust air. The unit’s large cooling capacity is rated at 29,400 Btu/h total and 22,000 Btu/h sensible for computer rooms.
The self-contained CMW30 measures only 20″ high, which enables it to be fit above a drop ceiling. A built-in mounting bracket, flanges, and vibration isolators allow for easy installation using standard, off the shelf hardware. No external condensing unit, refrigerant connections, or charging are necessary, which also reduces installation costs—as well as maintenance costs.
Based on the same engineering technology as the MovinCool CM25 air-cooled model, the CMW30 features a high integrated-energy-efficiency ratio (IEER) of 17.0, made possible by an energy saving, variable speed inverter compressor and inverter fan motors. Additional “green” features include the use of R-410A refrigerant, as well as voluntary RoHS compliance in advance of mandated requirements.
“We designed the CMW30 based on what our customers told us they wanted,” said Mike Paulson, manager, Heat Management department. “By extending the application range of our air conditioners, this new water-cooled unit gives our customers greater flexibility in choosing a MovinCool air conditioner that fits their particular needs.”
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation