NEW PRODUCT FLASH: CMW30 Water-Cooled Unit From MovinCool
MovinCool has introduced a water-cooled, ceiling-mount air conditioner. The CMW30 is designed for server rooms and other applications with dense heat loads where an air-cooled model cannot be used—due to the lack of available space into which to direct hot exhaust air. The unit’s large cooling capacity is rated at 29,400 Btu/h total and 22,000 Btu/h sensible for computer rooms.
The self-contained CMW30 measures only 20″ high, which enables it to be fit above a drop ceiling. A built-in mounting bracket, flanges, and vibration isolators allow for easy installation using standard, off the shelf hardware. No external condensing unit, refrigerant connections, or charging are necessary, which also reduces installation costs—as well as maintenance costs.
Based on the same engineering technology as the MovinCool CM25 air-cooled model, the CMW30 features a high integrated-energy-efficiency ratio (IEER) of 17.0, made possible by an energy saving, variable speed inverter compressor and inverter fan motors. Additional “green” features include the use of R-410A refrigerant, as well as voluntary RoHS compliance in advance of mandated requirements.
“We designed the CMW30 based on what our customers told us they wanted,” said Mike Paulson, manager, Heat Management department. “By extending the application range of our air conditioners, this new water-cooled unit gives our customers greater flexibility in choosing a MovinCool air conditioner that fits their particular needs.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices