Duo-Gard Industries, has introduced its solar powered charging stations for cars, bikes, scooters, carts, and motorcycles. This new line of solar stations from the Canton, MI manufacturers includes standard and custom models for facility professionals to choose from.
Duo-Gard’s solar- powered stations are scaled to the size of the project and the charging needs involved. A turnkey approach includes in-house design, engineering, fabrication, and installation services, as well as technical support to specify, plus field support on photovoltaics, inverters, and metering required to connect to the grid.
The structure canopy of the solar panels is engineered with continuous components, completely sealed against rain and snow — unlike other solar canopies with open gaps between the panels. “We use our standard canopy structural and weatherproofing details to create a weathertight structure engineered for all climates,” said Michael Arvidson, executive vice president.
Architectural aesthetics aren’t sacrificed in these stations, he added: “Our in-house capabilities in steel fabrication allow us to offer designers the distinctive custom look and features communities want today. Our stations combine aesthetics, engineering, and value with a sustainable strategy.” Duo-Gard offers stamped drawings in all 50 states.
The stations can be engineered to provide free services or to function with machines for payments, including credit cards, creating a profit center that would help recoup the initial investment. These solar stations are net zero energy structures, producing power that can be both used and stored.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management