Duo-Gard Industries, has introduced its solar powered charging stations for cars, bikes, scooters, carts, and motorcycles. This new line of solar stations from the Canton, MI manufacturers includes standard and custom models for facility professionals to choose from.
Duo-Gard’s solar- powered stations are scaled to the size of the project and the charging needs involved. A turnkey approach includes in-house design, engineering, fabrication, and installation services, as well as technical support to specify, plus field support on photovoltaics, inverters, and metering required to connect to the grid.
The structure canopy of the solar panels is engineered with continuous components, completely sealed against rain and snow — unlike other solar canopies with open gaps between the panels. “We use our standard canopy structural and weatherproofing details to create a weathertight structure engineered for all climates,” said Michael Arvidson, executive vice president.
Architectural aesthetics aren’t sacrificed in these stations, he added: “Our in-house capabilities in steel fabrication allow us to offer designers the distinctive custom look and features communities want today. Our stations combine aesthetics, engineering, and value with a sustainable strategy.” Duo-Gard offers stamped drawings in all 50 states.
The stations can be engineered to provide free services or to function with machines for payments, including credit cards, creating a profit center that would help recoup the initial investment. These solar stations are net zero energy structures, producing power that can be both used and stored.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention