Duo-Gard Industries, has introduced its solar powered charging stations for cars, bikes, scooters, carts, and motorcycles. This new line of solar stations from the Canton, MI manufacturers includes standard and custom models for facility professionals to choose from.
Duo-Gard’s solar- powered stations are scaled to the size of the project and the charging needs involved. A turnkey approach includes in-house design, engineering, fabrication, and installation services, as well as technical support to specify, plus field support on photovoltaics, inverters, and metering required to connect to the grid.
The structure canopy of the solar panels is engineered with continuous components, completely sealed against rain and snow — unlike other solar canopies with open gaps between the panels. “We use our standard canopy structural and weatherproofing details to create a weathertight structure engineered for all climates,” said Michael Arvidson, executive vice president.
Architectural aesthetics aren’t sacrificed in these stations, he added: “Our in-house capabilities in steel fabrication allow us to offer designers the distinctive custom look and features communities want today. Our stations combine aesthetics, engineering, and value with a sustainable strategy.” Duo-Gard offers stamped drawings in all 50 states.
The stations can be engineered to provide free services or to function with machines for payments, including credit cards, creating a profit center that would help recoup the initial investment. These solar stations are net zero energy structures, producing power that can be both used and stored.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation