NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: PwrSmart Service From New Boundary Technologies
New Boundary Technologies offers its PwrSmart™ Service, a PC power management solution designed to deliver energy savings and reduce related carbon emissions in facilities.
Geared for facility managers, finance directors, and corporate sustainability officers, PwrSmart Service is delivered through a web browser and does not require an upfront infrastructure investment, software maintenance, support contract, or lengthy subscription agreement. Subscribing to PwrSmart Service can pay off through the recouped in energy savings. Organizations can pay as they go with PwrSmart Service and start centrally controlling hundreds to thousands of PCs from a browser-based application.
According to New Boundary Technologies, organizations that implement PC power management on 5,000 PCs can save $350,000 in energy costs annually and prevent nearly 9,000 tons of CO2 emissions according to government estimates. Industry estimates cite that PC power management can reduce an organization’s overall annual energy consumption up to 15%.
- Interactive interface provides real time PC energy savings; user dashboard is accessible from any web browser with a Silverlight plug-in.
- Built in energy auditing capability enables energy savings insight, ongoing optimization of energy usage, and comprehensive reporting for energy rebate and sustainability programs.
- Analysis engine presents data in graphs and charts, with the ability to click and drill down for additional energy/cost savings details.
- Patented technology automatically applies power management settings without manual intervention and enforces settings even if end users try to disable or change them.
- Web-based service delivers real time updates with the latest features and enhancements without the need for traditional software upgrades.
- Users can schedule complete PC shutdowns, hibernations, or wake up events based on work schedules and maintenance.
- PC power management schemes can be configured to keep critical applications running.
PwrSmart Service is compliant with the U.S. EPA’s ENERGY STAR requirements for PC power management solutions. New Boundary Technologies is an ENERGY STAR Service and Product Provider partner.
Interested facility managers can download an interactive PwrSmart Service demo or a free, fully functioning 30-day trial of PwrSmart Service.
Other posts by