NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: SmartEnergy Compactor From Waste Management
Waste Management, Inc. has introduced its SmartEnergy Compactor which can reduce electricity consumption by as much as 70% versus traditional compactors, resulting in lower operating costs and a lower carbon footprint for customers. This new solution enables Waste Management to identify customer needs better to service them more efficiently.
Each SmartEnergy compactor comes equipped with Waste Management’s Compactor Monitoring Service (CMS). This technology enables the company to optimize the servicing of customers’ compactors, eliminating the costs and inconvenience of unnecessary pickups while reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Waste Management specialists monitor customer compactors remotely and use proprietary hardware and software to maximize the efficiency and value of each collection. This service also removes the burden of monitoring compactors from customers.
Another energy saving feature of the SmartEnergy Compactor is the chargebox fullness indicator, which encourages users to run cycles only when needed, also reducing electricity usage. In addition, the new solution provides compaction performance and cycle times equal to traditional compactors.
The SmartEnergy compactor’s electronic controls are powered with solar energy provided by Big Belly Solar, while the compactor motor is traditionally powered. Furthermore, the SmartEnergy Compactor is equipped with constant AC powered backup so that if the battery doesn’t have the maximum solar charge, customers can run a cycle while the battery recovers.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.