Waste Management, Inc. has introduced its SmartEnergy Compactor which can reduce electricity consumption by as much as 70% versus traditional compactors, resulting in lower operating costs and a lower carbon footprint for customers. This new solution enables Waste Management to identify customer needs better to service them more efficiently.
Each SmartEnergy compactor comes equipped with Waste Management’s Compactor Monitoring Service (CMS). This technology enables the company to optimize the servicing of customers’ compactors, eliminating the costs and inconvenience of unnecessary pickups while reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Waste Management specialists monitor customer compactors remotely and use proprietary hardware and software to maximize the efficiency and value of each collection. This service also removes the burden of monitoring compactors from customers.
Another energy saving feature of the SmartEnergy Compactor is the chargebox fullness indicator, which encourages users to run cycles only when needed, also reducing electricity usage. In addition, the new solution provides compaction performance and cycle times equal to traditional compactors.
The SmartEnergy compactor’s electronic controls are powered with solar energy provided by Big Belly Solar, while the compactor motor is traditionally powered. Furthermore, the SmartEnergy Compactor is equipped with constant AC powered backup so that if the battery doesn’t have the maximum solar charge, customers can run a cycle while the battery recovers.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades