Earlier this week, energy consulting firm Skipping Stone announced the formal launch of the National Demand Response (DR) Directory, a reference guide to all the commercial and industrial demand response programs in the United States. The directory provides a summary report for over 450 demand response program providers. The summary reports define more than 1,300 commercial and industrial demand response programs across the country, many with links directly to the program details.
The National DR Directory catalogs those demand response programs that qualify under the new LEED DR Credit guidelines, which can be helpful for facility managers working on LEED projects that involve earning a demand response credit. In June 2011, The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) released its updated LEED Demand Response Pilot Credit.
The directory is searchable by state and program provider with the ability to download the summary reports during the search session.
The National DR Directory is in the process of building a service provider directory with listings of companies engaged in aggregation, engineering, software, hardware, and consulting in the demand response marketplace.
“The goal is to provide tools that promote wider spread demand response adoption by commercial and industrial businesses,” indicates Ross Malme, a Skipping Stone Partner. “Utilities, regulators, and other market participants will also find the directory helpful for benchmarking and new program development, as well as finding suitable vendors,” he continued.
Ongoing database development, research and tracking of new demand response rates and programs will be done out of the Skipping Stone Los Angeles offices. The National DR Directory is wholly owned by Skipping Stone.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades