NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Reverse Energy Auctions By Performance Business Solutions
Many municipalities and other major energy users such as hospitals and manufacturers accept the energy rates their utility companies dictate to them. In New England, Performance Business Solutions, LLC, based in Hampton Falls, NH, offers the “reverse energy auction” alternative to energy users in the region. By aggregating their business or municipality with others, large energy users are able to leverage better pricing.
The reverse auction allows energy suppliers to bid to offer businesses their services and the lowest price wins. The aggregation of utility usage and the subsequent auctions help reduce the cost of every kilowatt or therm of use. The auctions occur when there are enough buyers in the pool to interest the deregulated suppliers. This can be for amounts ranging from 10 million kWh to 50 million kWh.
The reverse auction is implemented via an Internet based system that tracks utility information and enables clients to manage their account more efficiently. The municipalities of Cranston, RI and Rochester, NH are among those that have worked with the firm to access reverse energy auction discounts.
Jeff Hiatt, founder and CEO of Performance Business Solutions, LLC explains, “There is no great secret to the success of the reverse energy auction concept. The utilities covet major power users and strive to keep their business. We simply formalize the process by aggregating several regional, major energy users and allow the suppliers to make their best offer.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices