Facility management (FM) associations and professionals on six different continents celebrated the contributions FM makes to international business and the built environment during the third annual World FM Day on June 23, 2011.
Global Facility Management Association (Global FM) member organizations and others held public events around the world to recognize the important role facilities management plays in business strategy, organizational development, and environmental sustainability. Activities included governmental partnerships, public information campaigns, networking events, seminars and workshops, luncheons, award presentations, and social media outreach.
Participating international associations included the Associação Brasileira de Facilities
(ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG),the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), the European Facility Management Network (EuroFM), the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), the International Facility Management Institute of India (IFMI), the Middle East Facility Management Association (MEFMA), and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA).
The 2011 Platinum Award for Excellence in FM went to BBC Workplace, the unit responsible for the British Broadcasting Corporation’s corporate property portfolio. BBC Workplace was recognized for creating an innovative solution for operating large property portfolios at multiple sites.
The Gold Award for Excellence in FM was presented to MITIE Facilities Management. The focus of the award entry was on the “Passengers with Reduced Mobility” (PRM) technology developed by MITIE Facilities Management for London Luton Airport. This technology improves services to a group of passengers for whom travel can be challenging.
Teena Shouse, Global FM chair, stated “There is so much for us to be proud of related to this event…However you spent World FM Day, I hope it was a good experience for you. Between now and World FM Day 2012, let’s work together to create additional opportunities to raise the awareness of the value we bring to our organizations, network to improve our operations, and continue to grow as FM professionals. Thank you to everyone who supported the World FM Day efforts.”
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?