How The Workplace Has Benefited From FM
Facility management (FM) associations and professionals on six different continents celebrated the contributions FM makes to international business and the built environment during the third annual World FM Day on June 23, 2011.
Global Facility Management Association (Global FM) member organizations and others held public events around the world to recognize the important role facilities management plays in business strategy, organizational development, and environmental sustainability. Activities included governmental partnerships, public information campaigns, networking events, seminars and workshops, luncheons, award presentations, and social media outreach.
Participating international associations included the Associação Brasileira de Facilities
(ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG),the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), the European Facility Management Network (EuroFM), the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), the International Facility Management Institute of India (IFMI), the Middle East Facility Management Association (MEFMA), and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA).
The 2011 Platinum Award for Excellence in FM went to BBC Workplace, the unit responsible for the British Broadcasting Corporation’s corporate property portfolio. BBC Workplace was recognized for creating an innovative solution for operating large property portfolios at multiple sites.
The Gold Award for Excellence in FM was presented to MITIE Facilities Management. The focus of the award entry was on the “Passengers with Reduced Mobility” (PRM) technology developed by MITIE Facilities Management for London Luton Airport. This technology improves services to a group of passengers for whom travel can be challenging.
Teena Shouse, Global FM chair, stated “There is so much for us to be proud of related to this event…However you spent World FM Day, I hope it was a good experience for you. Between now and World FM Day 2012, let’s work together to create additional opportunities to raise the awareness of the value we bring to our organizations, network to improve our operations, and continue to grow as FM professionals. Thank you to everyone who supported the World FM Day efforts.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices