How The Workplace Has Benefited From FM
Facility management (FM) associations and professionals on six different continents celebrated the contributions FM makes to international business and the built environment during the third annual World FM Day on June 23, 2011.
Global Facility Management Association (Global FM) member organizations and others held public events around the world to recognize the important role facilities management plays in business strategy, organizational development, and environmental sustainability. Activities included governmental partnerships, public information campaigns, networking events, seminars and workshops, luncheons, award presentations, and social media outreach.
Participating international associations included the Associação Brasileira de Facilities
(ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG),the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), the European Facility Management Network (EuroFM), the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), the International Facility Management Institute of India (IFMI), the Middle East Facility Management Association (MEFMA), and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA).
The 2011 Platinum Award for Excellence in FM went to BBC Workplace, the unit responsible for the British Broadcasting Corporation’s corporate property portfolio. BBC Workplace was recognized for creating an innovative solution for operating large property portfolios at multiple sites.
The Gold Award for Excellence in FM was presented to MITIE Facilities Management. The focus of the award entry was on the “Passengers with Reduced Mobility” (PRM) technology developed by MITIE Facilities Management for London Luton Airport. This technology improves services to a group of passengers for whom travel can be challenging.
Teena Shouse, Global FM chair, stated “There is so much for us to be proud of related to this event…However you spent World FM Day, I hope it was a good experience for you. Between now and World FM Day 2012, let’s work together to create additional opportunities to raise the awareness of the value we bring to our organizations, network to improve our operations, and continue to grow as FM professionals. Thank you to everyone who supported the World FM Day efforts.”
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?