New Service Spotlight: Grainger Expands Inventory Management Service
Grainger recently announced enhancements to its KeepStock® suite of inventory management solutions. The updated and expanded portfolio builds on the company’s experience assisting customers with inventory management by providing a variety of solutions to business’ operations.
“Our research shows that improving inventory management processes can help facility managers (fms) reduce spending by as much as 25%,” said Deb Oler, Vice President and General Manager, Grainger Brand. “The key to maximizing your savings is finding the right inventory management solution to match your needs. Our staff takes time to understand a customer’s business and then works with them to identify the KeepStock solution that will drive the most cost savings.”
Grainger’s KeepStock portfolio helps facilities and institutions improve usage and control of products, ranging from saw blades to safety glasses to power tools to cleaning supplies. The company first introduced packaged inventory management solutions to the U.S. in 2006 and has continued to evolve and expand the offering based on customer feedback. The updated KeepStock portfolio offers a variety of solutions that address simple needs to highly complex inventory management requirements. KeepStock includes several Customer Managed Inventory (CMI) options that allow fms to better manage inventory themselves and Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) solutions in which Grainger assists with ordering and put away.
Recent KeepStock portfolio enhancements include:
- KeepStock Label: A low tech, low-cost solution that allows customers to print informative labels directly from Grainger.com to help identify, organize, and manage inventory. Fms can also create online inventory lists for faster identification of materials and simple reordering.
- KeepStock Scan: Through this solution, fms manage their own inventory with a Grainger provided scanner and labels. The solution offers online reporting that details order history so fms can easily analyze their purchasing behaviors. KeepStock Scan also gives fms access to a dedicated Grainger KeepStock specialist to support their ongoing needs.
- KeepStock Mobile: A mobile solution that utilizes Grainger-provided scanning software to help fms manage inventory that moves, such as supplies in a service truck or van.
- KeepStock Secure: Best known as a “dispensing” solution, KeepStock Secure features an optimized vending machine with carousel technology that allows for significantly more product to be stored at one time. Grainger provides complete project management of the machine implementation, including planning, transportation, installation, on site training, and replenishment services.
- KeepStock Onsite: A Grainger representative visits an fm’s facility to scan and maintain inventory on site. The solution is integrated with Grainger.com so orders can be placed in real time.
Grainger also offers KeepStock Track, a barcode inventory control system, and KeepStock Store, a Grainger operated and fully stocked branch located onsite at a customer’s facility. Many of the solutions across the portfolio also include detailed activity reporting capabilities illustrating purchase order history.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices