The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Best Lighting Products, of Pataskala, OH, has announced a voluntary recall of LHQM LED Exit Signs with Emergency Lights. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
The fixtures can malfunction and fail to illuminate in the event of a power outage. This could result in a failure to provide adequate lighting to guide building occupants to an exit in the event of an emergency.
The recalled exit signs have emergency lights fixed at either end with “EXIT” in red or green in the center. The fixtures are installed in commercial buildings, such as hotels and office buildings.
Affected model numbers can be found on a label affixed inside the fixture housing and on the outside of the packaging, and include: LHQM LED G M6, LHQM LED R M6 and LHQM LED R HO M6. Affected models have the following date codes on the inside fixture housing: 1003S10, 1004S10 or 1005S10. Dates on the packaging carton include any calendar dates in March, April or May 2010.
There were 10 reports of signs malfunctioning during testing after installation. No injuries were reported.
The CPSC is still interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to this product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. Consumers can share their experiences online at this link.
Manufactured in China, the product was sold nationwide through Lithonia Lighting, a division of Acuity Brands Lighting Inc. of Conyers, GA. It was on sale from January 2011 through May 2011 for $100 to $200. Consumers should contact Lithonia Lighting for a free replacement product.
You might like:
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Friday Funny: Eight Linemen, One Elevator
- 3M™ Flow Control System
- Professional Development: Incremental Outsourcing
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Fastening Systems For Single Ply Roofing
- Friday Funny: Park Pissoir Prompts Lawsuit
- Physical Security Planning
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts