Product Recall: Emergency Exit Signs by Best Lighting Products
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Best Lighting Products, of Pataskala, OH, has announced a voluntary recall of LHQM LED Exit Signs with Emergency Lights. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
The fixtures can malfunction and fail to illuminate in the event of a power outage. This could result in a failure to provide adequate lighting to guide building occupants to an exit in the event of an emergency.
The recalled exit signs have emergency lights fixed at either end with “EXIT” in red or green in the center. The fixtures are installed in commercial buildings, such as hotels and office buildings.
Affected model numbers can be found on a label affixed inside the fixture housing and on the outside of the packaging, and include: LHQM LED G M6, LHQM LED R M6 and LHQM LED R HO M6. Affected models have the following date codes on the inside fixture housing: 1003S10, 1004S10 or 1005S10. Dates on the packaging carton include any calendar dates in March, April or May 2010.
There were 10 reports of signs malfunctioning during testing after installation. No injuries were reported.
The CPSC is still interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to this product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. Consumers can share their experiences online at this link.
Manufactured in China, the product was sold nationwide through Lithonia Lighting, a division of Acuity Brands Lighting Inc. of Conyers, GA. It was on sale from January 2011 through May 2011 for $100 to $200. Consumers should contact Lithonia Lighting for a free replacement product.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices