Coming to the Phoenix Convention Center October 26 to 28, the International Facility Management Association’s (IFMA) World Workplace 2011 Conference & Expo is a global, multi-disciplined discussion on workplace trends, challenges, and best practices that will highlight the new products and services impacting facilities management throughout 2012 and beyond. In addition to a conference offering more than 60 educational sessions and keynote presentations, the event will feature an expo with more than 250 exhibitors as well as governmental agencies including the U.S. State Department and General Services Administration.
One of the highlights of the World Workplace expo is Sustainability Central, an exclusive section of the expo floor reserved for companies offering environmentally friendly products and services. Nearly 70 exhibitors will be on hand in Sustainability Central this year, which will feature a booth staffed by representatives from organizations offering sustainable building rating systems. Attendees can interact with these experts and learn about the various rating systems and methods of certifying and scoring a building’s environmental impact. Representatives from the Building Owners and Managers Association International, Green Globes, IFMA, the Society of Environmentally Responsible Facilities, and the U.S. Green Building Council will be on hand.
Attendees interested in learning more about the latest developments within the association can visit the IFMA Central Booth. IFMA representatives will be available to discuss the association’s new Sustainability Facility Professional™ and enhanced Facility Management Professional credentials, as well as IFMA’s flagship Certified Facility Manager® designation. Attendees can also learn more about how to enter their facility data into the EPA’s ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager as part of IFMA’s ENERGY STAR Challenge, which aims to help facility professionals reduce their organization’s energy use.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?