FRIDAY FUNNY: Maintenance Worker Swan Song
Many facilities management professionals are well aware of the skilled labor shortage. Despite the financial benefits of being a qualified technician, a great majority of newcomers to the workforce just can’t imagine the benefits of being a skilled tradesperson.
Through his MikeRoweWorks.com web site, TV personality Mike Rowe has been an aggressive advocate and spokesperson for mentoring and apprenticeship programs that train suitable candidates for blue collar vocations. Another supporter of the skilled trades is Joel Leonard, “Maintenance Evangelist,” who has put the plight of this particular profession into song:
With unemployment at uncomfortably high levels, perhaps more young people will give the skilled trades another look.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.