FRIDAY FUNNY: Maintenance Worker Swan Song
Many facilities management professionals are well aware of the skilled labor shortage. Despite the financial benefits of being a qualified technician, a great majority of newcomers to the workforce just can’t imagine the benefits of being a skilled tradesperson.
Through his MikeRoweWorks.com web site, TV personality Mike Rowe has been an aggressive advocate and spokesperson for mentoring and apprenticeship programs that train suitable candidates for blue collar vocations. Another supporter of the skilled trades is Joel Leonard, “Maintenance Evangelist,” who has put the plight of this particular profession into song:
With unemployment at uncomfortably high levels, perhaps more young people will give the skilled trades another look.
You might like:
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Chicago’s Merchandise Mart To Install Distributed Energy Storage Technology
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable
- Teamwork Towards Energy Reductions
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices
- LEED Case Study: 100 Years Young
- NIBS Developing New Building Information Modeling Guideline
- OSHA’s Top 10 Workplace Safety Violations for 2015
- Channel Spotlight: The Lean Approach By Veritiv