New Product Flash: Thermal Comfort Tool, Version 2 from ASHRAE
An updated tool from ASHRAE provides a user-friendly interface to predict thermal comfort, based on the Society’s standard for thermal environmental conditions.
ASHRAE Thermal Comfort Tool, Version 2, maintains consistency with ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 55-2010, Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy. The standard specifies the combinations of indoor thermal environmental factors and personal factors that will produce thermal environmental conditions acceptable to a majority of the occupants within the space.
The tool makes thermal comfort predictions using several existing thermal comfort models, including the Adaptive and Predicted Mean Vote (PMV) models. Inclusion of these models can potentially improve occupant comfort by allowing engineers to more easily fine tune their comfort analysis to the particular needs of the occupants in the building.
“The software allows you to calculate the predicted thermal comfort for a human at a point in space,” said Bill Fleming, volunteer chair of ASHRAE’s publications committee. “All you need to do a comfort analysis is some basic information about the thermal environment you want to model and a few things about the person you want to put in that environment.”
The cost of the ASHRAE Thermal Comfort Tool is $117 ($99, ASHRAE members). To order, contact ASHRAE Customer Contact Center at 1-800-527-4723 (United States and Canada) or 404-636-8400 (worldwide), fax 404-321-5478, or visit www.ashrae.org/bookstore.
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is an international organization of some 50,000 persons. ASHRAE fulfills its mission of advancing heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration to serve humanity and promote a sustainable world through research, standards writing, publishing, and continuing education.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.