An updated tool from ASHRAE provides a user-friendly interface to predict thermal comfort, based on the Society’s standard for thermal environmental conditions.
ASHRAE Thermal Comfort Tool, Version 2, maintains consistency with ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 55-2010, Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy. The standard specifies the combinations of indoor thermal environmental factors and personal factors that will produce thermal environmental conditions acceptable to a majority of the occupants within the space.
The tool makes thermal comfort predictions using several existing thermal comfort models, including the Adaptive and Predicted Mean Vote (PMV) models. Inclusion of these models can potentially improve occupant comfort by allowing engineers to more easily fine tune their comfort analysis to the particular needs of the occupants in the building.
“The software allows you to calculate the predicted thermal comfort for a human at a point in space,” said Bill Fleming, volunteer chair of ASHRAE’s publications committee. “All you need to do a comfort analysis is some basic information about the thermal environment you want to model and a few things about the person you want to put in that environment.”
The cost of the ASHRAE Thermal Comfort Tool is $117 ($99, ASHRAE members). To order, contact ASHRAE Customer Contact Center at 1-800-527-4723 (United States and Canada) or 404-636-8400 (worldwide), fax 404-321-5478, or visit www.ashrae.org/bookstore.
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is an international organization of some 50,000 persons. ASHRAE fulfills its mission of advancing heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration to serve humanity and promote a sustainable world through research, standards writing, publishing, and continuing education.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention